My 1,194th post giveaway!

I was gonna do a 1,000 post giveaway but I didn't think I had anything to giveaway. I had originally planned on giving theses knives away to friends but it occurred to me that they're not knife people and while they would use them, they wouldn't really appreciate them as much as ya'll would.

For the giveaway I will select two winners. First place gets first choice, second gets whichever is left. I'll let this run for two weeks give ortake. If you want to post multiple pics that's fine but one prize per person. And please put them in the same post if you choose to post multiple pics and don't go too crazy. I will be giving away a Kershaw skyline and a BK13. The BK13 is the Chinese version that came with my BK9 but my buddy gave me a sheath to go with it.

968885_10151605481900219_776077816_n.jpg

Now for the contest. Post a picture of the coolest thing you currently own. Knife, gun, truck, wife, moon rock, a copy of Joe Dirt, whatever you have that you think is cooler than anyone else's. New pics are preferred but recycled is fine as long as it reflects the current condition of said item. I'll pick what I think are the two coolest entries for the winners. I won't put any restrictions as far as # of posts or anything because generally the new guys need a little help getting some decent blades.

Something that slipped my mind: If you live outside the US, you can still enter but you'll have to pay shipping. Inside the US I can cover shipping.

And just to kick things off, here some of the coolest stuff I have owned.

A genuine WWII M1carbine. Refurbished after the war and became a lend/lease to Israel. The the tape on the stock has the name of the person it was issued to in Israel on it.
225543_10150235938285219_4459380_n.jpg

The 1974 Pontiac Catalina I bought for $560. Ran like brand new. I regret selling this beast. You may not think it's cool but I thought it was awesome.
254782_10150342296000219_725863_n.jpg

And of course, knife content. Every Ka-Bar knife I own at the moment. The BK9 is my favorite but I'm very fond of the 1247 Warthog at the top.
248105_10151602234355219_1214044849_n.jpg

So there you have it fellas. Lets see what you got!

Last edited:
Awesome thing your doing bro!! I'll throw a few pics ur way in the name of luck!!

I'm not home or these would be 1 pic but the 2 coolest things I own we're both my late grandpa's he was a dad to me and raised me!! 1st is his old Sharp Knife he took everywhere with him!!

21B4A7BD-6F33-4706-AD65-70E0D481F5B0-3017-000002C9A1673F39_zps2b505086.jpg

Next would be his revolver, best I can date is around 1958 he was the original owner Of this weapon it's an old .22 cowboy style with 6 inch barrel I can't remember the name of the company but was told they are now known as Kimber!!!

8293EA20-F228-41A0-8E46-955AA244F752-3017-000002C9CECFB4A1_zps0767d807.jpg

Thanks for doing this!! Whether I win or not I love showing off part of my family history, I hope you enjoy!!

Brian

My Knives.I have three new knives now and one of them is the coolest but it didn't come yet :)
HhhhzJp.jpg

My coolest dog :)
L7Zhn0Q.jpg

Gss46.jpg

Last edited:
My BK2, and my dog, Anakin.
IMG_1564_zpsba5c240d.jpg

He really is the best dog in the world.
523045_4863728599718_2117378179_n_zps61862c8d.jpg

280278_4404631002565_2034439818_o_zpsb6875f71.jpg

Last edited:

My contender its a .223 coyote slayer!!

image.jpg
My eblade outkast autococker!

image.jpg
image.jpg
My 2jz still looking for a roller considering a fox body mustang!
I have a college education in this

Last edited:
Nice giveaway, but the coolest thing I own? That's a tough one, but I'll give it the old college try.

WP_000966-1.jpg
WP_001182_zps8dde25b4.jpg
WP_001229_zps255519a7.jpg
WP_001050.jpg

Some cool stuff in this thread.

BTW I totally forgot about folks outside the US. Anyone outside the states will have to cover shipping, and it'll have to be in USD. I'll cover it for folks inside the US.

I'm in! Here are my two coolest possessions. My Victory Highball, 106 cubic inches of pure American power! A road burning, curve eating, freedom machine. And it gets 43 mpg to boot!
And my wife, where she should be, at my feet, worshipping me. She's awesome, never minds me buying knives, guns, whatever.
I know some of you are going to say I don't own her, (she certainly does!!) but I distinctly remember at our wedding, the preacher said "Who gives this woman...", and her mother answered up..... so I figure I own her....haha.

photo-19 by OptimanBene, on Flickr

Polaris sure does make a pretty bike. Congrats on having such a good sport for a wife.

Spikehawk, while you may not technically own her, she is your wife (and you, her husband. It goes both ways ya'll) and that pick is epic. I'm not a motorcycle guy but if I was gonna start riding I'd sure do it right and get a badass American bike.

Coolest thing I currently own? heck I'll be buried with it, it's my 54 Chevy pick up! My Dad had it since around 56, it was his service station parts truck. In 74 it became mine when I started driving and has been a work in progress ever since and I don't plan to ever officially finish it, I enjoy working on it too much! The last couple of years I have done quite a bit to it though, I rebuilt the 350 I put in it back around 79 into a 383 Stroker, swapped the old turbo 350 for a 700-R4, complete rewire, power steering/brakes, stripped and painted the undercarriage and engine bay, new gauges and bunch of other stuff. Anyways I can't remember a day in my life this truck was not there, a whole lot of good memories and many more to come!

Me and my buddy Ryan, he helped me when he could and was a great help with the wiring, this was the night we finished the wiring and started it up.

I drove it up to Utah and threw my Dad the keys so he could take Mom for a ride down memory lane:D

Technically my fiancé owns it now, but the engagement ring that I had custom designed for her is pretty awesome:
imagedduf.jpg

Thanks for the chance!

here is my blueprinted les paul '59 custom from Bob Rusch,right here in western new york!:D
Blue59Custom044.jpg

and since it's about the knives here is one of my favorites my raja 1 !
IMG_20130518_112617.jpg

Coolest thing I own has got to be my stock 289 '66 Mustang. I'm having trouble with my photo site, so I'll post a pic later.

'hoss - You've got to give away a 9. You can't not give away a 9.

Here's the car, back when it was clean...

Don't make this about cutest kids - you guys won't stand a chance:

I certainly don't own them, though. Minds of their own. High School is gonna be rough...

Last edited:
Coolest thing I own has got to be my stock 289 '66 Mustang. I'm having trouble with my photo site, so I'll post a pic later.

'hoss - You've got to give away a 9. You can't not give away a 9.

Get some pics up STAT! My dad has a '65 hardtop but it's only a 6cyl. He's planning on converting it to a V8 car.

Sure. Send me a BK9 and I'll totally give that sucker away!

Get some pics up STAT! My dad has a '65 hardtop but it's only a 6cyl. He's planning on converting it to a V8 car.

Sure. Send me a BK9 and I'll totally give that sucker away!

Nice try - I still gotta get me a 9, as they say.

Cool story - my father-in-law had to sell his Triumph's and MG's when my wife and her brother came along. But he promised himself he was going to get "a sports car" when he got his doctorate. He originally bought a white 6-cyl hardtop. Brought it home to show the family; his wife says "What's that? I thought you were going to get the sports car!" So he goes right back to the dealer, and comes home an hour later with the red V-8 convertible shown above!
He was living in Mountain View at the time; the car was built at the former San Jose plant about 15 miles away. (The plant is now a mall in Milpitas, about 6 miles from my house.)
The car has never left the original family, and has only left California when my wife tried living in Oregon for a few months. (She bought it off him while in college.)
Has been rebuilt, but only back to factory specs.
I'm in charge of driving it now and then, keeping it roadworthy, and keeping it clean - and I still let her take it out once in a while, too. :)

Wow, sweet mustang. I was thinking right along the same lines. She's a 1967, factory 289 car. When i got her, she was totally in boxes. After a flat bed ride home, and a few pick up truck loads, it only took 2.5 years to piece it back together. And i mean every bit of every night and weekend when i wasn't working which took a very loving wife to let that happen. She used to joke with people that at least she knew where i was.

I built a tent in my garage to sand blast it. I still find sand every now and then. I did everything from weld in the front frame, to paint it at my house in my driveway. I even did my own upholstery. The only thing i did not do was the machine work on the motor. When i was done the motor didn't fit under the hood so i made a steel one.

166_28_11_09_1_44_42_1.jpg

166_28_11_09_1_44_42_3.jpg

166_28_11_09_1_44_42_2.jpg

166_28_11_09_1_44_42_0.jpg

Back