My all time favorite folder

All time farvorite folder? Man that’s a hard question. I have over 50 folders and consider them all my favorite for different reasons. I currently rotate through roughly 14-15 of them:confused: But the one that ends up in my pocket the most is my Lg. Sebenza 21 w/micarta inlays and double silver thumb studs:thumbsup:

The plain vanilla s30v spyderco military. First is the clip. it's the strongest clip i have and basically the strongest part of the knife. I have too many friends who lost their knives due to pocket clip failure. Second is the handle, 5 1/2 inches. Very utilitarian. Great for cutting green leaders on trees while on a ladder 15 feet above the ground.

One of these 3:

When the pocket space isn’t limited and neither are the uses:
o19HpzC.jpg

For a bit lighter use and a smaller pocket:
yrWJ1z1.jpg

When I want something small and slicy:
CrLkEaW.jpg

All time fav: Old School Strider SMFs (There is 1 SnG in the pic, pretend it's a SMF too.) Regardless of what you think of the maker Strider has put out some AWESOME knives, production and custom. They've also done it in a multitude of steels/finishes for the people who like such things. Not a huge fan of the new AL handled or 'hybrid' stuff but the non AL production knives are still pretty sic and the F/F has steadily been increasing for the last ~10 years.

Favorite_Strider.jpg

What is going on with Strider now?

Wanted one for years and years and could never afford one, and now I can I was told they had ceased production?

There’s certainly a lot fewer about than there used to be.

For me, my Rat2 has been my main stay for a few years now. If I lose it or have to ditch it, no biggy.

Hi! New here! Figured I'd finally register and start talking rather than lurking!

So far in my short time of being in the knife hobby my favorites are my Para 3 (standard black G10 and S30v) or my ZT 0566cf. I do also love my cheap Kershaws haha! But I figured I'd choose the two knives I carry the most!

First production run Benchmade 710 M2HS coated. One of the most beautiful and functional knives I've ever used. A true classic design.
Mine favourite folder for almost 12 years of collecting is Benchmade 710.
There is a lot to like about the 710 !
I'm thinking both of those have solid back spacers rather than stand off posts ?
Mine has stand off posts and the action suffers for it. Could have been a Grail for me otherwise.
Second photo here LINK > > >

What is going on with Strider now?

Wanted one for years and years and could never afford one, and now I can I was told they had ceased production?

There’s certainly a lot fewer about than there used to be.

They restructured their company a year or two ago. Mick still does customs, Josh Lee does productions, and Duane is pretty much on his own now but is also still putting out customs. The production models have higher fit and finish than the past but they are coming out in smaller batches now and go quick. Best place to find them on the secondary would be the FB Strider page but be careful, along with the good there are lot's of dickhead scammers coming out of the woodwork there lately too..

Back