my balisong shirt design

sniperboy

Gold Member
well I am in the process of canvassing custom shirt printers.. do you think this shirt is worth it? I would think it's better to go with out own printer than cafepress cause I don't want to jip my buds who would want a 4XL shirt :) (ie. add 3.00 to every order for plus sizes)

that being said, I don't know what price it's going to be.. along the range of 15.00 to 20.00 shipped priority because of al the friggin colours. I didnt know they charged extra per colour added :(

anyways I will keep you guys posted.

(this is the design for the back.. the front will either have the SB "heart and cross bones" 'sig' or a japanese kanji.. really simple)

I can take off the bladeforums.com and have no text if need be. I don't want this to be the bali-forums shirt for 02 if its not up to standards.

http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~soo/bounty/sample.JPG

Very nice. Love the perspective. Screw the cost, keep it in color. I'm willing to pay extra to keep it as is. Although I suspect that white would be the best choice to bring out all that wonderful lines. The text issue, again, is up to BM even though you gave them acknowledgement.

I'll take at least 2.

I like the design, but I also think it'd look good in black and white, but I'm a simple man and don't require much to make me happy. The text in the lower right isn't great, but I understand the need for it. I do like the text in the upper right though, that's pretty sweet. Please make sure you can get them in small and med, I'm a light weight and I like my shirts tight.

Must have!!

BTW- I'm a long time lurker (about 1 year) and this is my first post to the bali forum. Hello everyone!

:D

Hello latchless.

Snipe: Questions. Was that hand drawn? Do you have the color seperations? Otherwise, how will they print the colors? The design won't hold up in grayscale, in my opinion. I love the jacket! That's really great! How you have the balisong logo's and all! And that sneer....Ooohh! What a bad ass!

I think that's all I have for now. Oh yeah. I think it'll do without the text in the lower right. Maybe leave the "Balisong.2002".

Great work as usual S! Love all the colors in the artwork; really makes it stand out.

Great rendition of a custom, latchless, WeeHawk being so delicately finger-twirled......

I know I'm in for a XXL and I'm sure our new friend, Latchless, needs one since his namesake is an integral part of the design!!! ;):D

It's a Sniperboy, there's no doubt. I love the reverse angle. Great.

One little technical note: the Bali-Song name and the butterfly logo are actually owned personally by Les DeAsis and licensed to Benchmade.

Now, we just have to get BM to offer those cool jackets.

Very nice, I'll take a large in either black and white or color...it's all good....RDT

Yet another masterpiece S! Drawing that jacket must have been a b*tch. :) You know you've got an order from me once it's underway!

Knuckles... most good printing companies can seperate colors these days without the complications of the old lithographic presses. And typically, they don't need too with the current duplication equipment technologies.

Latchless, welcome to the forums! If you've been lurking for a while, I guess I don't have to warn you about all the crazies around here. ;)

oo oo gimme...I'll definitely take one.

I would say stick it on a black t-shirt just because all my white t-shirts I have evntually get all dingy from washing them. I want to have this forever.

Great work Snipe!

Yaay! well thanks as always for the support and comments, as of now I sent out the form letter to the shirt companies, when I woudl like to get a formal headcount I will start a new thread.. all in all I am humbly flattered, as always.

Latchless: Glad to have you on board, I get bragging points for getting your lurking ass to post ;)

Liong: I'll make an apron for you if needed :), with lots of tactical pockets.

Tony: well I thought the copyright stuff was kind of amusing, frankly I doubt BM would care much, if they did then.. well.. the logos are more gloryfying than abusive I would think.

Mer (and others on text issue): understood.. I can keep it minimalist then... see, i'm flexible.. sort of.. :p

knuckles: thanks for the comments, coming from a fellow designer that means quite a bit.. per your questions, yes this was all done in hand, from pencil to ink, then the final colouring was done in Photoshop.

I did not know about "colour separation" but in thery I think I can do it as I retained my separate layers in photoshop.. once I know how to do it and what I should do i can prolly do it.. or I can hire the art guy in the custom shop to do it for me. if at all possible, if you can advise me I'd apprecaite that.

Blasto: yes it was a bitch to draw the jacket.. but the worst was the hair >_<!!

black shirts: as of now, I kinda designed it for a white shirt.. let me stew on it to see if they can transfer it to a black shirt.. once again this will pump up the cost :( cause you have black, plus you have to pay for white colours on the black.. extra colour..

thanks again guy, 420, Gollnick, RDT, Dawkind, and everyone I shamelessly missed.

HELL YEAH!!!!! I'll take 1 in size XL, though I'm not that big but it hides my Sigpro 2340 in my pants! Thanx Snipe, I knew you'd come thru!:) ;)

Snipes: Work out a deal with Les. You trade him the design rights to the jacket (although I think he would prefer the BM Blue) for the right to balantly display his logo's and bali's as free advertising. I don't see how he could ever refuse that offer.

If that doesn't work, can the text. Then lets get those jackets made up just because. We'll need someone with military access to the Phillipines or Korea. Military tour jackets is what I'm thinking off. You could get any designs embroided on a satin jacket cheap from those contacts. ;)

:eek: Sniperboy, that's a great pic! Love the perspective, jacket and the gloves are cool too, provide a good contrast for the knife! I'll definately get one regardless of shirt color, though I'd prefer a white or ash-grey shirt color to black. And I'd have to go with color printing, even though it may cost more...It'll be worth it! :D

Tony - that would be incredible, if we could get some jackets made up...Are there companies that make custom patches too? Because having the flag/butterfly as a patch would look cooler than embroidery, IMHO. But either would be great...

And welcome, Latchless!

........how about the Bali-Song logo on the knife's tang??????? ;)

Hell, as long as you're going for it! :D

That's beautiful work, Susan.

Cue the music, the name is revealed!!! Susan! Who would have thought?!!

I once asked Snipe her real name. Her reply was "My real name? Johnny =)." But the secret is out!

Back