my balisong shirt design

Hey Rocdog, welcome to the madness!

S, I think that design would look great on just about anything. I'd love to have it printed on cloth for a wall-hanging. I still want the shirt mind you, but why not spread the Sniperboy madness with a wider variety of media? A handful of my (non-bali flippin') buddies have seen it and love it. Oh OH!!! Mousepad! I'd love to slip my mouse all over that picture... that didn't quite come out right. :D

Well, there are a couple of problems with taking a design done for a shirt and putting it on a mouse pad. First, Shirts are, for most of us, a "portrait" orientation. They're taller than they are wide. (I know, some of you are an exception to this. Don't get me started.) The second problem is size. A shirt is several times the size of a mouse pad. So, if you take an image intended for a shirt and put it on a mouse pad, a lot of detail will be lost.

But, maybe Sniperboy can come up with another design suitable for mousepads...

there is no limit and no "right way" to do art.. any artist can BS his or her way into making anyone believe that there is a science to it.. this is me laughing (quite bitterfly :p) as I eavesdropped at the graphic designers who were trying to sell a "new corporate image" onto my current engineering company.. having GD experince with some engineering mindset really screws you up =).

who says we cant have a tallwise mousepad? :) we'll start a revolution..

then again I understand the need for comformity and have thought up a suitable horizontal / landscape mousepad design. This might be better suited for cafepress.com though as I doubt it will be as popular. :)

Screw that. I've been using a track ball since '86, and a Graphic Tablet for the past 10 years. Either orientation of the mousepad means little to me... Besides, comformity isn't all that it's cracked up to be. Especially to us bali lovers. :D

Back