my best two tested heavy hitters

tumblr_oj30mg6dhe1siuc9oo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_of0aqstf8v1siuc9oo6_r1_1280.jpg

Haven't got around to knocking the new off my moabolo yet. Would love to try out a moab. wish thatmguy had one at the columbus show. He probably could have talking me into one. thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Tested? Hard to say, these all are pretty dern close. :cool:

FullSizeRender.jpg

Though I suspect this one will take the grand prize, once I get around to letting her out of prison for a good beating! :D

IMG_2018.jpg

Edit:

The whole crew from the above pic, because, well, awesome!!! :D

IMG_2019.jpg

I have to say though, the 1311 still takes the cake for weight & price to performance ratio!!! :cool: There's some to be had on the ex right now for a heck of a good deal!!!

war sword was one I was torn on. alota money for sr101. you do get what ya pay for. how does the battle saw compare?

war sword was one I was torn on. alota money for sr101. you do get what ya pay for. how does the battle saw compare?

Pretty well. Like I said, all the choppers in the second pic all perform very similarly IMO. Very little difference in the group, any of them would be sufficient for most any chopping need.

Though a caveat; I optimize all my edges with a polished convex edge, thinning the shoulders when necessary, and the comparison is made with that in mind.

Also, of all those knives, surprisingly the WTF was by far the thinnest behind the edge from the factory, and only required me to refine the edge a bit. Being such a tall knife, and with such a high grind, the primary bevel angle is much more acute than many Busse choppers.

great set Spyderfreak.

Thanks!

25gcnjb.jpg

For me, out in front by itself at #1 is the modified CG BB13. After that it's a bit of a toss-up but I'll give a slight edge to the 1111.

Would love to try some of Busse's real monster choppers (NMFBM, MOAB(OLO), Huck, KZ, etc...) but I'm a tightwad at heart and haven't gone much beyond the $400 level yet lol.

Really can't complain with what I've got though, they're all solid. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
what is your thought on the comparison between the moabolo and moab?

The MOABOLO is considerably lighter than the MOAB, therefore the benefits are obvious. They are both amazing choppers, but the MOAB chops like nothing I've ever used. Both have nice full height grinds so the edge geo is good and slicey with enough guts behind it to keep it robust.

Last edited:
Back