My Inkosi arrived flawed what do you recommend ?

Try another CRK or move on?

• Try Sebenza 31

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Try Umnumzaan

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Move on from CRK

Votes: 24 64.9%

• Total voters
Honestly couldn’t make out anything with the video but send it back immediately. Not a tough decision here. This does it I’m buying a 21 pronto.

Why are you ignoring your friend's advice and asking a bunch of strangers online what you should do?
My question was do I get another CRK after returning this or do I drop the brand. I’m not ignoring his advice. He’s the best.

My question was do I get another CRK after returning this or do I drop the brand. I’m not ignoring his advice. He’s the best.
Get another one. If you're worried about finding another dud just find a place were you can go hands on.

Of course some places there will still be restrictions on that but it will end.

Drop the brand, a CRK isn’t meant for everyone. No sense in rolling the dice when you can have several other knives for the same money.

The part that bothers me about this is this bit:

I called their support phone number and the guy told me that the lock play is normal due to the ball insert

. . . and if you read through the mega thread in the CRK sub forum, the prevailing opinion seems to be that the lock rock/wiggle/whatever is a feature and if you complain about it you're just not ready to handle the perfection of a finely crafted highly refined and cultured wobbly knife.

tuImq7R.jpg

My Inkosi arrived uncentered and with lock play and I feel uncomfortable with it knowing I spent $600 on the Inlay model. I don’t know what to do, return it and try again and risk disappointment or be done all together with CRK?
I'd bite the bullet on the price diff. and go for a custom from Roman. Doesn't get much better than that.

Sorry that happened to you, I know it has to be frustrating. I have a lot of bad luck ordering knives off the internet, but if Im not happy with them I always return them to the seller and ask for an exchange or a refund. Most times an exchange will get you the knife that you wanted. Whatever you do, don't keep it thinking you can just get used to the flaws, I've tried that and just ended up with regrets lol. Hope it gets resolved and you end up with a knife you're happy with!

I recommend trying another CRK. They are the best out there. They can’t all be perfect. I’ve had dozens and they have all been as good as I can ask. It a bummer that you seem to have gotten a dud but I assure the odds are incredibly rare.

For that much money that knife should be PERFECT!!
I agree. FFS my Cold Steel Rajah 3 has perfect blade centering and zero bladeplay. I’m very particular about bladeplay; there should be absolutely none of it. There is no excuse for super high end knives to not be 100% perfect. Send it back and take back your hard-earned cash.

At $600 it better makes my lunch, washes the dishes, does my shopping for me... you get it.

Send it back.

My Inkosi arrived uncentered and with lock play and I feel uncomfortable with it knowing I spent $600 on the Inlay model. I don’t know what to do, return it and try again and risk disappointment or be done all together with CRK?

I called their support phone number and the guy told me that the lock play is normal due to the ball insert, and that the uncentering could be due to unevenly sanded washers, and that they do everything by hand so sometimes these things happen.

I sent the knife to my friend (an incredible custom knife maker) to review and he told me to return it immediately. I’m going to link the video he sent me describing the lock play.

I really like the knife in hand but it’s hard to ignore these issues on a knife this expensive when none of my cheaper knives have them. I want to try a Sebenza 31 but I heard they have the same issue with lock play.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Below is a video of the lock play and a picture of the uncentered blade.
Link: https://imgur.com/a/8OfOh5u

I never liked the Inkosi. Near as I could tell the goal was to take everything great about the Sebenza and make it all a little bit worse.

I'd grab a 21 inlay of your liking or maybe a 31. Your issue, despite my feelings on the Inkosi, is a bit of an anomaly. I'd bet your second CRK would be on par with their reputation.

I didn't see Benchmades or Spydercos on the OP's list. Spending hundreds of dollars for a knife is not something that lives in my world. Meanwhile, send the knife back! CRK is local to Idaho but I've never even considered any of his knives when for 10-25% of the cost, you will get a knife that cuts just as well and will last a lifetime. I've never gotten the appeal of CRKs, sorry.

Think you got a bad one I’d return it and try your luck with another and if that ones the same move on and don’t look back . I had a Inkosi Insingo a few years back and it was a perfect example .

I was hesitant to get a CRK for years. Now I wish I had gotten one long ago. Personally I would suggest trying a 21.

I won't add much except for my condolences. I would not be happy if I spent $600 and a knife came like that.

I have no experience with CRK. They are way out of my budget. To that end, I have no idea if you should get another CRK or try another brand.

I will say this tho. I'm surprised. After 12 years on this forum, I've read more glowing comments on CRK knives then any other brand. Then again, maybe you just got a lemon. It happens.

Good luck!

Back