My Inkosi arrived flawed what do you recommend ?

Try another CRK or move on?

• Try Sebenza 31

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Try Umnumzaan

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Move on from CRK

Votes: 24 64.9%

• Total voters
I can’t believe a company that puts out a very popular and very EXPENSIVE knives let’s something like this out of the factory.

I'm surprised to hear that. My 21 is flawless, aside from a few scratches from use. You might try adjusting the pivot to see if that helps.

Return it and buy a different brand of knife.
Any company should have quality control insuring you receive a knife worth the high cost you spent.

It's weird that this is such an issue on this model. I have had an Umnumzaan for over 10 years and it is rock solid and I use it more than any other knife. I'd return that sucker in a heartbeat. Try an Umnumzaan if you want to stay with the brand. If not there are soooo many great knives out there. Maybe your friend can make you one exactly to your specs?

I’m not a fanboy, but they are trully excellent knives, I would return it and give the 21 or zaan a shot, the only thing I’ve noticed on mine is that they lockup late, but stay there, the you can get X amount of knives is a beaten topic, if you want a CRK get one, mistakes happen

It seems like you really wanted this specific Inkosi. I would return it and try to get another one just like it. One thing I find whenever I research a product is that there is always someone who has had a bad experience. Unfortunately, this time you are the one who got burnt. Should CRK have let this one out the door? No, but it doesn't seem to be a regular occurrence.

On the other hand, I couldn't blame you if this has soured your opinion of the Inkosi.

I loved my Inkosi and never noticed any play or centering issues.
It's my girlfriend's knife now and she uses it way too hard in my opinion, but I love it.
Says to me "hey babe I cleared all the weeds and vines off the side of the house! Oh, and could you sharpen my Inkosi?"
She hands me one ugly looking edge, but it held up fine and wasn't too hard to get an edge back.

I have an Umnumzaan as well that I've put through quite a few tough days in HVAC and never had any issues.
Truly makes me pause...all the negative feedback I've been hearing about Inkosis and 31s.
Part of me thinks it's guys basically making stuff up or being crazy nit picky, part of me believes the negative feedback because it's come from more than one person that seems to be fair and honest in their review.
Hopefully, it's just a kink CRK has to work out. I've never needed it, but I've always heard really good things about their warranty and service department. If you're having an issue I'd bet they'll take care of you no problem.

Back