My new fixture

new idea it sets on pins that is why the slots are cut and no bolt marks and he runs blocks through a planer with it.

Paper weight. Used on 95% of his knives to hold the drawings down on the table while he grinds and drills.

Oh crap! Im sorry everyone, I posted the wrong pic, This is the fixture i was thinking of. What do you think it's used for?

c.jpg

LOL... That's evil.
So, what does the first fixture do?
Balin

Last edited:
BTW Michael, you're gonna need to change your website::D "All of my knives are completely hand made and hand ground without the use of any fixtures."

He's going to have to change his name and identity on this forum. If he doesn't hurry up and come clean....his name will be mud!

its a spark collector that is connected to your vacuum system. nice that you have a removable bottom so as you can let the sparks go into the bucket. what was that other thing you posted ;)

Oh!!! I get it. So his next post is going to be... Oh crap... Sorry everyone ,but I seem to have misplaced those spalted maple scales. But wasn't this fun.:p

I think he should give us all a set of scales for all the hard brain work we put into guessing :D

From the way this thread is going I think pretty soon it will be used for an intestinal blockage.:D

Well at least He has something in common with that system its called SUCK!

Spencer

Well at least He has something in common with that system its called SUCK!

Spencer

I think we all know whos NOT going to be getting scales in the mail.:D

I was working on a knife last night untill about 12:30 so I didnt get a chance to get pics loaded but we do have a winner! He posted some time between my last 2 posts last night. I will post pics of what the real use of this fixture is when I get home from work tonight. (unless I decide to screw with you guys more) No, I wont tell you who the winner is.

Hopefully this thread made everyone think about what can be done with fixtures and maybe someone will come up with something useful that they can share with us. If not, at least it amused me and really, isnt that what really matters?:jerkit:

Sorry, I just realized I could post pics from here. I already have them uploaded.

The winner is Teksec with "Dovetails".................."Dovetails"

I dont know if it was a wild ass guess or if he really knew but it doesnt matter. he wins the scales and a piece of mediocre blade steel.

Here are some pics of how I used it on the knife I was making last night.

I have another fixture that I use on EVERY knife I make. Maybe I will do this again with that one. I have a piece of liner material and 2" of bent nickle silver pin for the winner of that one.

fix9.jpg

fix10.jpg

fix11.jpg

fix12.jpg

fix13.jpg

fix14.jpg

fix15.jpg

fix16.jpg

Last edited:
Michael, I can see that would be handy especially for the many dovetails you use on your fixed blade handles/bolsters. Very cool!

Can you please provide a link to those clamps too!! Really loving the setup!

Back