My Spyderco Delica 4 FFG

Just as well Sal's and Spydercos moto is " designed for the hand not the eye " , because the PM 3 sure ain't a super model. :)

Ken

Received these both at the around the same time last month, and while the PM2 has jumped in and out of the mix, I've found my Delica 4 Zome tagging along on most of my everyday adventures.

There's something really solid about the fit and finish, and the featherweight aspect of such a simple blade makes it quite the useful sidekick. Love it!

8141bf54157dbdcc57649934d8da48c3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the Para3 for a bit. It couldn't kick out the Delica in my pocket. Delica has reigned supreme for a solid 5-6 months now. Nothing has been in my pocket that long. Kind of wish I never found the Delica as it make me question and compare all other knives in its size and role (true edc) to the Delica. When I force myself to carry other knives, the Delica is still in my pocket to do what a knife does, the others I carry are just to admire and open and close throughout the day.

I had the Para3 for a bit. It couldn't kick out the Delica in my pocket. Delica has reigned supreme for a solid 5-6 months now. Nothing has been in my pocket that long. Kind of wish I never found the Delica as it make me question and compare all other knives in its size and role (true edc) to the Delica. When I force myself to carry other knives, the Delica is still in my pocket to do what a knife does, the others I carry are just to admire and open and close throughout the day.

The Delica kicked a Sebenza out of my pocket so I am unsure how qualified the Para3 will be at competing for the role of Pocket King. I am excited to give it a shot though!

I like your insert of "true EDC" because that is exactly what the Delica is--a true EDC folder that just simply works, is affordable, available, comes in many flavors, and just seems to hit all the sweet spots!

The Delica kicked a Sebenza out of my pocket so I am unsure how qualified the Para3 will be at competing for the role of Pocket King. I am excited to give it a shot though!

I like your insert of "true EDC" because that is exactly what the Delica is--a true EDC folder that just simply works, is affordable, available, comes in many flavors, and just seems to hit all the sweet spots!

Exactly! True EDC. Not man jewelry you might be scared to use. You can use and abuse the delica as it was meant to be. For only 60 bucks I don't mind using it for just about anything. Small, light ffg perfection imo.

I'm a Para 2 guy all day long...but the Delica 4 is a better looking knife than the Para 3 is. Just looks weird to me and I don't like it. Then again....I was a Para 1 guy and when the Para 2 came out I said it sucked. Now it's probably my 2nd favorite knife behind the Native 5.

I'm a Para 2 guy all day long...but the Delica 4 is a better looking knife than the Para 3 is. Just looks weird to me and I don't like it. Then again....I was a Para 1 guy and when the Para 2 came out I said it sucked. Now it's probably my 2nd favorite knife behind the Native 5.

I have considered doing a matchup between the Delica and the Native 5. Perhaps I need to put that on my "to do" list of knives to put head-to-head against the Delica.

As far as the Para3 is concerned--I am really liking its look, feel, and function thus far. But, at this point it has served as nothing more than pocket jewelry as I have only had it a few hours!

I wonder how it compares to a Boomer Lil-Para Modded Delica ?

Boomer's Lil Para Mod is kind of the best of both worlds IMO. The handle is still thin and not as tall as the Para 3 yet it has the forward choil and the lower part of the grip is very close to the shape of the Para 3. Plus you get the thin blade of the Delica.

Intersting...

I wonder how it compares to a Boomer Lil-Para Modded Delica ?

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1390160-Spyderco-Delica-w-Lil-Para-profile-MODIFICATION/page9

Hers a shot of my knife that Boomer modded for me.

4YGTxVQ.jpg

I like the red accent and the texture pattern on your scales. That's really good looking.

I suspect Para 3 will be very similar, which means I can't wait to get one. Sorry, folks. I'm the oddball who likes the aesthetics of Para 3 more than Delica. :p & Since I prefer the ergos of Caly 3 and Boomer52's Li'l Para scales to out of the box Delica, I assume I'll feel the same about Para 3. It's a great time to be a fan of 3" Spydercos with choils and curvy 4" handles. :D

0A06A1D4-26AF-4B26-AB5F-F2706CC9C3A9_zpsh8sdodhc.jpg

5EB21E4C-42DB-4BF6-9DAB-6478865CA4ED_zpsnctpumek.jpg

Back