Name The New PM3

I saw Sal mentioned on Spyderco Forums that the Minuteman name is a no go for the new smaller version of the Para Military. So what are your suggestions?

I'll go with Force. Or how about Paratrooper? Scout? Officer? Just throwing names out there at this point. I have no idea if these have already been used for knife names before.

EDIT: Sorry! I just realized this was already being discussed in the PM3 thread. I looked for that thread to see if was already being discussed but didn't see it. It was right there, I just overlooked it.

Last edited:
My vote is for the Militia. The Minutemen were a well equipped militia group after all.

Military > Paramilitary > Militia

Not sure if its been used before but it makes sense in the progression of the name.

My vote is for the Militia. The Minutemen were a well equipped militia group after all.

Military > Paramilitary > Militia

I was just thinking that too.

How about Corps? Well...maybe not, too easily confused with Corpse. :D

Commander? Squad? Platoon?

How about the "Ghost" since it is going to be smaller and disappear in the pocket easier.

Just thought of this one. How about Skiritai, They were a people subject of Sparta, in war they formed an elite corps of light infantry of about 600 men, which were used as a complement to the civic army. They fought on the extreme-left wing in the battle line, the most threatening position for the hoplite phalanx. At night, they were placed as sentinels ahead of the army and acted as scouts to open the way for the king, whom they only could precede in battle.

I'm good with Militia. That makes the most sense to me.

How about:
Guardsman.
Insurgent.
SPG. OK, SPG (special patrol group) was Vivian's hamster, but maybe just us older types remember that.
Phalanx. Well, that may be a bit close to, you know...

Or to give it a Roman flavor:
Centurion
Praetor
Venator

Or, as I previously said, call it the Fluffy Duck for all I care, I am buying 2 of them as soon as they are available.

Lets See.

Military- Big
Para military- Not so big

#3- shorter than a pm2

How about
REMF or POG

IF those don't fly.

Guardsman

I also like the Militia. (If not, the Private or Grunt work for me to)

So, we have: Military
Para-Military

How about: Geo-Military (Geo, as in carry legally (almost) anywhere on the planet)

I really think PM3 would be the best tho.

Back