Name The New PM3

PM3 would be a little confusing, because it isn't the upgraded version of the pm2. Just keep it simple, mini-para

wait.... I just realized... the sage 5 has a possibility of being released the same years as the pm3.

And like the Private too. Or.... Corporate, CEO or (Chief Executive Officer), Corporal, Lieutenant,

Or Middle Manager. [emoji23]. Or Micro Manager.

Militia has a bit of a connotation right now that isn't.... great. Maybe Guardsman? Or Reservist? Worden?

I like Militia.
And how about Legionary...?

Last edited:
Militia has a bit of a connotation right now that isn't.... great. Maybe Guardsman? Or Reservist? Worden?

Do we really want Spyderco to go down the route of political correctness? Such would be shameful in my opinion.

Actually, I've seen other knife companies change the names of their knives due to the political climate at the time. I've refused to buy those knives; I know the entire time I would carry such a knife, I'd have nagging thoughts at the back of my mind about it.

Militia was originally my idea I think. I'd stick with that, but here are some others that might work (in the order of my personal preference) with "The new Spyderco" in front of each for effect-

The new Spyderco Militia

The new Spyderco Grunt

The new Spyderco Troop/Trooper

The new Spyderco Squad

The new Spyderco Infantryman

The new Spyderco Platoon

The new Spyderco Regiment

The new Spyderco Battalion

I think you have to put the company name in there because they'll be together when advertised and when someone talks about them. They kind of have to fit, if you know what I mean? Now if I can just get Sal to make me a Para-Hawk (PM2 with a hawkbill) I'll be set!

Venator is being used by a knife maker out of North Carolina, not sure if that matters.

I think Lil' Para works. Maybe Para Military Mini? The PM(squared) if you will.

Lil' Para 2

I think this fits with the naming convention used for the smaller Matriarch. I also like the Geo-Military suggested on page 1.

I also was thinking that maybe the "Para-military XXmm like they did with the smaller first generation Manix might be good too.

Back