Name The New PM3

"The Private" could be awkward too. Just sayin'.

I suppose so. Especially if it were issued to some sort of law enforcement group etc: "Ok everyone, reach in your pockets and pull out your privates". :D

Maybe one of the other suggestions! :thumbup:;)

Pick One? What kind of a stupid name is that for a knife?

I'd have to say, how about Platoon? Smaller even than a Militia!

I think this is the wisest choice so far. Everything else worthy is already taken, or doesn't speak to the same character already established by the "Military line."

+1 It's consistent with its predecessors while having (intended or not) a double meaning about its spot in the model line and its blade length.

or for those with a sense of humor, the "Irregular". fits with the theme but certainly doesn't roll off the tongue or look good in print

I like pm3 best by far. For anyone wondering "but what will we call the new knife when they upgrade the Paramilitary 2??". Meh, the way the pm2 sells it will be a long long time before there are enough "cqi" changes to give it a new name. On the rare chance that it ever even happens, they can burn that bridge when they get to it. Call this one the pm3 and move forward. That's my .02.

The Recon makes me think of some steel that may be cold. I do like the Trooper. But even better, if it's really just a smaller PM2, I REALLY like the Para-Trooper. Different, with a similar ring. Plus, who doesn't dream of being a plane jumping operative every now and then. :D

Edit again: Or, if it's really as smooth as my PM2, how about the Para-Glider. Even better....hint....see avatar....hint. :D

For years, many of the chinese fake PM2s have advertised themselves as the "Spyderco Paratrooper". Hard for me to see them using the name just for that reason. It's tainted. :rolleyes:

Paramilitary 2 Elite

Something like that to designate shorter blade that won't affect future pm names eg maybe one day we will have pm3 elite

So yeah one single word added to the end of paramilitary 2 to designate shorter blade but keep it called a paramilitary 2 something

Back