Name The New PM3

Paramilitary 2 Elite

Something like that to designate shorter blade that won't affect future pm names eg maybe one day we will have pm3 elite

So yeah one single word added to the end of paramilitary 2 to designate shorter blade but keep it called a paramilitary 2 something

I think they could even drop the "2" since that kind of designates its existing form. So just the "paramilitary elite" or the "paramilitary stealth" or whatever. Seems it would be a bit less of a mouthful too.

How about the PM-EDC. The PM2 that fits most any daily needs and lifestyles. Or the Executive Para Military EPM. Or simply the EDC Every Day Carry. If it turns out to be as big of a hit as the PM2, the marketable potential customer range should be blown wide open.

Do we really want Spyderco to go down the route of political correctness? Such would be shameful in my opinion.

Actually, I've seen other knife companies change the names of their knives due to the political climate at the time. I've refused to buy those knives; I know the entire time I would carry such a knife, I'd have nagging thoughts at the back of my mind about it.
Political correctness had nothing to do with it. I feel that's a thought terminating cliche to just drop political correctness as an argument and walk off. Right now the rest of the world, who are also waiting for the PM3 (Heck yeah Aussie import changes!) doesn't see the word militia in a positive light. There are a lot of other terms that get that across, but right now at least the news here is using the word militia for some groups, and so it would be a bit like calling a knife the insurgent. A cool name in the right context, marketing suicide in another. I have no use for political correctness, and do not police my speech that way, however I avoid using loaded terms that I know will be mis-heard.

So the way I see it...

Military - Government-organized armed forces.
Paramilitary - Private organized armed forces usually working in concert with the military.
Civilian - What it sounds like.

Given that Spyderco already has a "Civilian," I thought "Civvy" would be quite appropriate. It preserves the military heritage, alludes to the more "EDC friendly" nature of the smaller size, and it keeps the naming pattern already established.

But that's just my thoughts.

How bout the "Out of Stock". That's probably what it'll be called at most dealers for the first year or more.

Never have I witnessed (and been a healthy part of:)) such a frenzy over a knife that hasn't been seen (by 99% or so)!! Just goes to show what Spyderco is all about. Sal, where are ya', say something about what's happening, we're dying out here!:eek::D

Back