Naming the Naval Boarding Axe

We have them here, just have to get everything finished & assembled. The handles are drilled, we just need to drill the bowls on the pipes. We'll put them up as soon as we have them.

I have to say I'm likin' the Master Chief for the Naval version and the Gunny for the Marine version.

The Naval version has the US Navy seal and the Marine Corps version has the Marine Corp seal that has the EGA

Right now I have a special offer on the prototype model. It is a one of a kind, it has two sheaths, one plain and one black with inlaid snakeskin. You have your choice of US Navy or US Marines handle - engraved on one side (the handles are already finished) so all you have to do is pick one. It's $185 plus $15 shipping and you can call me at 253/884-1025 to place the order.

Otherwise we won't have any available until after the first of the year. The regular ones will be $165.00 and you'll have your choice of handle.

Oh yeah I love that. That's one mean lookin' tomahawk.

Don't want to seem out of place but how about an Anchor hawk, works for both USMC and USN. Great lookin Hawk no matter what you call it.

Just call the navy one the "bosun's mate" the meaning is different when you break it apart.

ole days the bosun was the lead deck hand, the boatswainsmate, would work for him,,, but the "bosun's mate" would keep everyone in line. (last part is just my 2 cents)

NorthStarXO

Are these gonna have a blued finish or something else? Just curious can a longer handle be ordered, say 21/22 inches long?

Hello, ALL.

I am new here but have been reading this thread.

How about calling it "The Repellar" not sure of the spelling.

As in "repel all boarders".

When that command was given aboard ship a lot of sailors would grab their boarding axe, that also served them as a handling tool to move cargo as well.

Back