Native 5 FRN

I like to get my hands on that! I agree with Uofaengr though in that it will probably be really hard to find in stock anywhere..

I LOVE THIS KNIFE! I just got two of them in today. Definetly going to be ordering a third. The Military and the Native are the perfect EDC combo for me!

15397711010_b7f9de4709_c.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Nice Pic Humint. Also a good choice on the M&P.
As soon as funds are open, I will be looking at grabbing a N5LW

The Native 4 was the VG-10 & CF handled one from about 5 years back or so, it was a sprint.
Rev,

Native4 was a regular production, not a sprint. It didn't live long. Couple years may be. It shown first time in 2008 supplement, than in 2009 catalog. I remember that I bought mine right before Christmas of 2009. It was discontinued in 2010. I doubt that too many was made. I believe that Sal mentioned back than, that the company, which made Native4 was one man operation.

In terms of affordability, the Native has always been one of the best folders pound for pound for the money. Keep in mind the original 5 is USA made, has steel liners, G10, and FFG S35VN steel it is priced competitively with offerings from other manufacturers. Looking at what can be had for the money, it is still very much a premium piece even at slightly above the $100 mark. I think the first time I held and used a Native, that is what sold me on the importance of ergonomics. I think sometimes we don't realize all that goes into making these items and we usually feel that they "should" be a certain price, but that is not always inline with the reality of it. I know I used to feel that way years ago.
I still fall victim to that every now and then, although more with guns and groceries than knives. Part of it is my ability to think back to when $100 could buy you a brand new Model 94 Winchester, or 50 cartons (yes, cartons, not packs) of Lucky Strikes, or 300 gallons of gas, or 100 gallons of milk. :eek:

Rev,

Native4 was a regular production, not a sprint. It didn't live long. Couple years may be. It shown first time in 2008 supplement, than in 2009 catalog. I remember that I bought mine right before Christmas of 2009. It was discontinued in 2010. I doubt that too many was made. I believe that Sal mentioned back than, that the company, which made Native4 was one man operation.

Thanks for the clarification. I remember it was around the same time I got mine, I was on a Native spree at that point. I've never stopped liking everything about that model either. :)

I still fall victim to that every now and then, although more with guns and groceries than knives. Part of it is my ability to think back to when $100 could buy you a brand new Model 94 Winchester, or 50 cartons (yes, cartons, not packs) of Lucky Strikes, or 300 gallons of gas, or 100 gallons of milk. :eek:

Funny you mention that, I have a Ruger P94 chambered in .40S&W, I bought it for around $250ish about 17 years ago. I was looking at one at a local gunshop they were asking almost twice that. I quickly realized that my money can't buy as much as it used to. :eek: Talk about sticker shock.

Last edited:
Rev,

Aren't the 4 and 5 basically the same except for the steel (and therefore country of origin), scales, and spine jimping? And I guess the bushing pivot.

I was on a Native spree at that point. I've never stopped liking everything about that model either. :)
I like Native4 a lot as well and was carrying for a while. Still I love Native5 much more. It is a little thicker and feels better in my hand.

Aren't the 4 and 5 basically the same except for the steel (and therefore country of origin), scales, and spine jimping? And I guess the bushing pivot.

Native5 also a little thicker and have screw construction.

I think I might end up with one of these. I've handled and sharpened a Native 5, and they feel great in hand and I'd think an awesome small EDC. I've got a ton of S35VN though and might hold out for the S110V version to get some of it in the collection. Just not the biggest fan of the clip on this one or the shiny clip in general. Does anyone have a pic of this one in pocket tip up to show how this one carries?

Does anyone know how to disassemble this knife? Removing all of the torx is obvious, but how exactly do you handle the back lock pivot?

Does anyone know how to disassemble this knife? Removing all of the torx is obvious, but how exactly do you handle the back lock pivot?

Pry it apart, it's apparently a pin. You already taking it down?

Yeah I'd probably have to take the clip off if I got one.

I've had mine for a couple of days now. Luv it except for the high ride - a good .75" is exposed.

Hopefully, Casey will hear our pleas and take pity on us. ;)

The S110V Native 5 seems to use the standard Delica/Endura/PM2 clips.

High ride is good for me, many low ride pocket clips are annoying to take out (esp when you use your knife all day) and for what? So I can hide it? From who? Hehe

As far as the clip itself, I think they should have just stuck with the standard hourglass instead of going more Tenacious style. They did ofcourse for a reason but it doesnt look as good.

I picked one up on Thursday. Living ten minutes from GPK has some advantages!:) It seems to be just a bit smaller than the earlier versions.

Native5 G10 for me any time ... hehe. but a deeper carry clip would be great addition to it

Back