Native 5 FRN

Pry it apart, it's apparently a pin. You already taking it down?

Won't it eventually become loose and just fall out after I do that enough times? I'm not planning on disassembling it yet, but with the amount of times I open and close it, I'll eventually have to oil it and clean it.

I bet we will see this new pocket clip on upcoming models. Very nice.

Also, lets not table the B75p discussion!

I LOVE THIS KNIFE! I just got two of them in today. Definetly going to be ordering a third. The Military and the Native are the perfect EDC combo for me!

Hmmm ... are the clips between your Military and Native interchangeable? From pics, they seem to be.

Gnoleb just posted that he has deep carry clips for the Military and I'm hoping these will fit the Native as well.

Hmmm ... are the clips between your Military and Native interchangeable? From pics, they seem to be.

Gnoleb just posted that he has deep carry clips for the Military and I'm hoping these will fit the Native as well.
I was wondering this myself but just from pictures it appears the screws are further apart on the Military. Maybe Gnoleb could tweak his design a little...

Yeah he confirmed to me that they won't fit on the Native.

Last edited:
Got mine in yesterday, and these are my initial thoughts.

This is my first experience with FRN knives from Golden, and this one came perfectly centered with rock solid lockup and probably the sharpest factory edge I've ever received on any knife. The ergos are spot on with the G10 version, but from what I can remember, much much lighter. Very very light. This would make an outstanding small, light EDC.

The #1 drawback to me is the clip. I understand combining the clip and the lanyard hole resulting in a design change from the G10 version's clip, but it results in a high carrying knife in pocket with no options currently on the aftermarket for deep carry options (at least from the 3 clip makers I've spoken to).

I've taken the clip off, and it does make it feel even better in hand, but I prefer clipped carry. I've had knives fall out of my pocket before that weren't clipped, but never have lost a clipped knife. So currently this knife is at home while I make up my mind on if I'm going to keep it. I'm one to consolidate knives rather than collect, and if I'm in the mood for a light FRN EDC for the day, I have an equally light and ergonomic, but better carrying option in my new ZDP Delica with spaceman clip. All in all, great knife, but need to figure out if the carry options are a big enough deal to me to make it a deal breaker.

Yeah, I'm really liking mine as well.

I really want a deep carry clip as well. I got it in rotation with a Delica with one of Casey's clips and I do prefer the Delica's lower carry.

And I've noticed something else - the sharpest of the handle's shoulders, especially the corners and edges on the pivot end. Definitely sharper than the FRN shoulders on the Delica and Endura. I'm thinking about trying to sand them down a bit.

Won't it eventually become loose and just fall out after I do that enough times? I'm not planning on disassembling it yet, but with the amount of times I open and close it, I'll eventually have to oil it and clean it.

I don't know. I would like to think it wouldn't do that being hardened steel in the liners and pin. The cleaning aspect is interesting, I tried putting a Delica FRN in the washer, came out clean and it did not open and turn the clothes to ribbons. :)

I don't know. I would like to think it wouldn't do that being hardened steel in the liners and pin. The cleaning aspect is interesting, I tried putting a Delica FRN in the washer, came out clean and it did not open and turn the clothes to ribbons. :)

Actually, there are no liners in this knife. It's just FRN like the original Natives. So I'm not so much afraid of the pin wearing as I am the FRN that's holding it.

Speaking of only being FRN: does anybody know if there are washers between the blade and handle? I can't really tell if there are any there.

There's a thread on Spyderco's forum where someone has taken one apart. It looks like no washers.

Back