Native 5 - the perfect pocket knife?

Here's my Maxamet Native 5 and what I did with the leftover scales. :)

F5BE1549-0971-43E1-B43B-30CF59663EC1_zpsefjypfru.jpg

5829D5B4-C5F6-4C2C-A92D-0A3DEC977941_zpspymmd0py.jpg

I picked up my first native a couple days ago and really like the knife. I got the lock back with the g10 handle. The knife is built like a tank and has a good edge.

Extremely easy. I actually did a write-up of the lightweight N5 disassembly and blade swap into a G10 frame here on the Spyderco forum:

https://www.spyderco.com/forumII/viewtopic.php?t=67925

Cheers! :)
Thanks for the help! Always been afraid of disassembling my Native 5 since I am afraid of not being able to put it back properly. Having owned it for a few years (Not sure how old, it's the G10 one that still comes in Satin finish) it's about time I give it a nice spa treatment.

Kevin

In looking at that thread, I can't help but think of this; Is it just me, or does it look like there's not much of the lockbar grabbing the blade? I thought the lockbar would have a deeper hold on the blade in the locked position.

In that pic, the lock bar is not level with the blade, like it is when assembled and fully locked. So it will sit little deeper normally. Also, when assembled, the blade could be ridding a little higher; when the pivot is seated properly.

This thread has me itching for my first Native. Really cannot decide between the S110V and Maxamet versions!!

I just got my first native yesterday. Had to try the Maxamet. All I can say so far is it's a shame it took me this long to get one. What a great knife and feels amazing in my hand.View attachment 702228

I love these Maxamet pics but the plain Jane S35VN is still doing it for me. No complaints here with this one.

RgWFcN6.jpg

Perfect? I dunno if any knife can lay claim to that title in any category, but the 5 comes damn close...

Love mine:

Regards,
Adam

So what's the latest on the Maxemet Native 5? Is everyone happy? I've been eyeing native for a while now, and considering this one as my first. Thoughts?

I love this types of the threads. Sometimes it makes me to bring some knives from retirement. Today I will carry my ironwood Native5 instead of Ti Fluted, which I was carried every day for the last 6 month or so.

Mine has been in my pocket M-F since the day I got it back in February. It rests in a drawer on weekends because my other blades would get jealous.

These days, it cuts more things (actual time used cuttings and the cumulative distance cut) than any of my other folders. I guess because I carry it more than any other...

I only have one; LW S35VN. Other than my favorite knife (PM2), I don't buy more than one knife in any given model. I don't collect things like knives, and I hate having tools I don't use. That said, I will give it another few months to see if anything new Maxamet pops up. If not, I may have to get me a Maxamet version of this knife. At that point, the S35VN will have a new owner.

Back