Near perfect traditional EDC knife...

I just got Victorinox Pioneer in champagne gold,special edition and cadet alox(will be carried on keychain sometime in future).Already have older Wenger Soldier(version of Victorinox pioneer), have used and carried it hard ,many times and think its near perfect edc knife for most situations,also sheeple friendly so you can use it anywhere.Gold Pioneer will be my only knife for next couple months.All opinions welcome,and what is your near perfect sheeple friendly traditional knife?

I'm kinda bummed that the postman didnt deliver my pioneer x today like they were supposed to. I've heard great things so I'm hoping I will agree with you.

Sheeple friendly? Better make it small and pretty. Something like this pearl whittler.

32881025324_1637616924_c.jpg

All opinions welcome,and what is your near perfect sheeple friendly traditional knife?

My opinion is that using the word 'sheeple' like this is unseemly. I suppose if you are trying to project a certain image it helps with that image, but I think that image is a bad one.

I think most traditional knives are pretty easy to pull out around people that don't usually carry knives. I can see folks in the lunchroom at the office I work out raising an eyebrow if I whipped out a Cold Steel MachoTacticalChopper to slice up an apple, but I doubt anybody would notice or care if I used my GEC stag 66.

It’s a great knife, and very useful. Nice choice. I have several I like/carry in rotation that I would consider public friendly, but that’s all relative.

I’ve had several people ask me if I planned on slaying dragons when I pulled out my Small Inkosi :rolleyes: and on the other side of things, more than a few people not even bat an eye when I flicked open my full size Military :cool:

Overall, solid choice. They have been around for years for good reason. I keep several around the house, in the car, and at work. “Just in case.” :thumbsup:

Last year's forum knife is pretty hard to beat. Superb stainless steel, beautiful covers, pointy curved-edge and stout straight-edge blades, all in a medium sized package. Capable of handling any chore, easy on the eyes and pocket, and friendly looking to non-knife people.

msnSGJf.jpg

My BSA Tinker is pretty close, but no magnifier. My Vic with a magnifer is pretty close, and non-threatening because I'm usually whipping out the magnifier. Trouble is I like the more knifey knives more.

For me, it's the GEC #14. It's small enough for people not to be afraid of it, but large enough to get most of the work done. I usually pair it with a larger and more robust knife, like a GEC #71 or the A Wright"s Lambsfoot. But those knives only get pulled out in public if the #14 can't handle it, which is hardly ever.

Maybe because I am from the south and now live in the Midwest, but I’ve never had anyone question my knives, or at least I’ve never noticed. It's legal to carry so I dont have a problem. Honestly, it really doesnt bother me if it raises an eyebrow. Now, I usually dont carry big knives or super tactical looking flippers etc. And I dont whip out my knife in public and start flipping it etc. If I take it out, it's to use it. Then I put it up. I'm not trying to impress or scare anyone. People are getting so wimpy these days...

I actually don’t know what “sheeple” means and I’m afraid to look it up:confused:. I’d think most SAK’s are not going to offend anyone, neither would a stockman or Jack of appropriate size. As I get older I also look older and I’m sure the younger kids at work chuckle at my Boker barlow when I use it to cut up lunch, but it’d get a lot fewer stares in a public place than those pigstickers they all seem carry:):)

Maybe because I am from the south and now live in the Midwest, but I’ve never had anyone question my knives, or at least I’ve never noticed. It's legal to carry so I dont have a problem. Honestly, it really doesnt bother me if it raises an eyebrow. Now, I usually dont carry big knives or super tactical looking flippers etc. And I dont whip out my knife in public and start flipping it etc. If I take it out, it's to use it. Then I put it up. I'm not trying to impress or scare anyone. People are getting so wimpy these days...
Exactly.
I take it out, use it, then put it away.
I don't often have a need for my knife in public besides at work, but then I'm dealing with all the trash and boxes it my job to deal with.

Bravo! When did we start caring what people/sheeple think of our knives??

Back