Need a little help choosing my next Spydie

I guess I'm lucky.. Mine just "loves" me so much, she doesn't say anything! Lol..
She's just glad I have something to do with my time, that doesn't include touching her... Baahahahaha..

Hmmm, I thought I was lucky...mine wonders why I'd want to do anything that doesn't include touching her.

I have a pm2 camo g10 with black blade I like it but I wish I would have gotten the manix 2. Lightweight or g10 I like both styles can't go wrong with some of the top spydies they make. Anyone have a manix 2 they might want to trade?

If you can find one, maybe try a Chokwe (sadly disco'd)... fantastic knife!

chok01_zpsez5yxj0o.jpg

-Brett

Stretch zdp189 or Manix 2 lightweight s110v. Now that s a pair of edc s!

Ok, I'll start with what I have that I would definitely purchase again in a heartbeat if needed/wanted.

GB2, PM2, Domino, Chaparral, Delica, Dragonfly.

Those that I currently have, but would pick up other wants first....

Manix2, Positron, Waved Matriarch 2, ARK, Tenacious, Persistence, Ambitious, Bug, Honey Bee, Grasshopper.

Those that are on my shortlist......

Waved Endura, Waved Delica, Mantra, Salt (multiple variants), Yojimbo, Enuff, Proficient, Sage(s), Native, Rubicon, Burch Chubby.

I'm sure I missed something, but the top list are my first recommendations.

Some great suggestions here.
Myself, I'm agreeing with a bigger folder.

Military. Everyone should try one sooner or later. Only $6 over your top limit at a shoppe I buy a lot of cutlery from.
Manix 2 XL. So many seem to prefer the standard Manix to the XL, but I'm the other way around. Have both, much prefer the Manix XL, love using it.

DSC00322_zpscushnu67.jpg

DSC00329_zpszclz6bub.jpg

DSC00324_zpsztzt1oqx.jpg

If you like your Double Bevel, the Starmate would be a great option for a knife that is nearly the size of the Military.

I'd say get a HAP40 Stretch and a Crow 2. Frugal shopping may be able to get both of those within your price range. And also give your collection a tiny bit of size variation. Plus, HAP40 is a must have, and a limited offering.

If you've already got a PM2, don't bother getting a second. Just my opinion, when you have a slimmed down streamlined collection, don't get redundancy, get variety!

I'd love to suggest the ARK, but it's most useful as either a deep carry knife, for someone who might need a knife while seated, or for people who spend a lot of time on or around salt water.

In general, my three favorite folders are:
Manix 2 LW
Manix 2 XL
Native LW

All of these are well within your budget, and terrific knives. The M2LW has taken over most of my knife needs, while the Native is good for when you don't have as much pocket room to spare.

The Manix 2 XL is my choice for when I'm going to be outside or am in uniform, and may need a hard-use knife.

John Shirley

I have to agree with the Manix 2 XL. I just got one and it's very impressive. Surprisingly light for such a large knife.

Ok. Update: I have not decided what to get, but now I'm looking at $100 or less.

I'm at the point right now that I might just wait it out and when I do have more funds just get somethings g then.

I do agree that variety and not redundancy is what I'm finally down to. So another PM2 is out of the running.

The Manix 2 LW is my absolute favorite folding knife in the world, if that helps.

The M2XL would be my first choice if I had to defend myself with a folder.

John

The Manix 2 LW is my absolute favorite folding knife in the world, if that helps.

:thumbup: I never thought I'd like the Manix 2 as much as I do. I somehow ended up with 2 LWs and will likely get a S110V LW at some point. My M2 G10 doesn't get carried much but it's not because I don't like it. Just too many other choices these days.

Tdhurl1103, the Delica is a fine choice if you don't already have one. Not too big or too small and lots of flavors to choose from.

The Natives are also favorites of mine. The size fits nicely between your Sage 1 and Persistence. You can't go wrong with the LW or the G10 Native. The more I play with and use my Native 5 G10 the more impressed I've become with it. I decided last night that if I had to get rid of all my knives except one the Native 5 G10 would be the one I'd keep. I'm thankful I don't have to make that choice.

Manix 2 s110v...lightweight great steel and great ergonomics....Don't think you would be disappointed...
Native
Schempp bowie
Or for a knife with some size a manix xl

G10 manix 2 s110v

I love this knife more than the other manix I had.... Hands down

Thanks all for the suggestions so far.

ZK, I've had two Enduras with SE VG10...

At this time I'm considering:
Salt

Since you're down to a $100 budget now I'll offer this:

One knife purchase:
-If you want to go up in size, how about a ZDP Endura? It's a familiar platform for you in a steel you don't currently own (don't know if you've tried ZDP or how your sharpening system/skills are...ZDP really is a non-issue, a Sharpmaker is more than enough.)

-If you want to roughly maintain as similar footprint as a PM2, how about a Manix 2 LW, as others have recommeded, in S110v? One of Spyderco's, best values...heck, it's one of the best 'bangs for the buck' anywhere. For me, it loses rotation/in-pocket time due to it height when folded, but that doesn't seem to be an issue for most.

-If your looking to go with something smaller, how about a Native 5 LW, also in S110v? After regrettably selling my Native 5 G10, I picked up a standard, black handle S35vn variety. Its really quite awesome, but I'd like to own one in S110v due to the steel and the nice blue...I've got too many black handled knives!!!

Multiple knife purchase:

Seeing as you want to pick up something in the Salt line, I would suggest pairing a PE primary folder with a SE Ladybug Hawkbill...it packs a surprising amount of versatility (and a fine complement to a PE) into a tiny package that weighs nothing and goes everwhere.

I realize you weren't too hot about your SE Enduras...believe me, besides SE H1, I'm a PE guy all the way! But SE H1 is a different animal all together IMO and I'm thankful to my buddy, Tom, who turned me on to the capability/versatility of something I would have otherwise dismissed. In fact, I'd almost say you'd be missing out on H1's real 'magic' if you decided to go PE. It's ironic that Tom has a PE Pac Salt which he loves, and prefers for his specific use for it....but he's constantly touching it up. He doesn't mind, but I would tire of that, I think.

I would try to find a standard N5 LW S35vn and pair it with the SE 'Ladyhawk'...probably doable if your diligent on the Exchange.

Keep us posted!!! :D

Back