[New and improved] Whats your Favorite Blade Steel (yes Again)

Pick your all time favorite.

• M390

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • S35V

• S30V

• CMP-M4

• CMP-3V

• VG-10

• O1

• AUS-8

• INFI

• A2

• SR101

• ATS 34

• CPM-154

• CPM-10V

• YXR7

• Other's

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Damn you're good.

:D Actually many would say I am bad, very bad, like seinfeld

babu-jerry-seinfeld-bad-man.jpg.824x0_q71_crop-scale.jpg

That looks very dense, as would be expected to get any action out of the pin. Is that mistress A2 or INFI?

That looks very dense, as would be expected to get any action out of the pin. Is that mistress A2 or INFI?

That is the original Battle Mistress. First knives made of INFI.

Very dense wood. I could shoot them at 15 yards with handguns all day long and not penetrate them.

I understand the passion about INFI, the fact you have a highly active subforum basically dedicated to it speaks highly of the love some have for the steel.

Just don't tell me 90 people from there would have discovered this poll naturally, because that's just simply not true.

I saw the original poll--no infi, so I voted 1095. However, in my comments I said I did so because there was no infi. I would have voted infi regardless--because it is my favorite, and I consider it the best. No one tells me what to think or do. To suggest otherwise is insulting. I'm good with speaking for myself. And I've used Beckers and Busses, and all sorts of knives long enough to know my preferences.

^^^ I seen the poll before the post in the Busse subforum and I like M390 in folders and INFI in my fixed blades.

I did vote for INFI and that was before I seen Cobalts post in the Busse forum.

Bowling pins?

117_1767.jpg

I used do do some shooting competitions in which we were timed to draw and shoot 5 bowling pins off a card table; .45s worked the best. Bowling pins are so dense and elastic that most handgun bullets will bounce off of an unbraced pin. Your Busse Steel Heart, however does not seem to bounce off; well done.

Last edited:
I used do do some shooting competitions in which we were timed to draw and shoot 5 bowling pins off a card table; .45s worked the best. Bowling pins are so dense and elastic that most handgun bullets will bounce off of an unbraced pin. Your Busse Steel Heart, however does not seem to bounce off; well done.

I use to have a good supply of pins. Not any more. But you are correct, handguns would never penetrate them. Only my high powered rifles would. But they would go through and literally not cause any damage to the pin. Just an entrance and exit hole is all. By the way that knife is a battlemistress. But the original steel heart was very similar in design, except slightly shorter and more drop point.

Handguns penetrate a bowling pin? No, they def bounce. :D but there is a hole in the bottom, great small target for 9mm. I have a pin with my round still in it, rattling around inside. Not a bad shot from about 60-70 ft away, borrowed G19 gen 1. :)

Back in the early 90's our gun club put on bowling pin matches. It was a money match with winner take all. Some guy named Miculek always won it... with a revolver.

Do the bowling alleys still give away their dented and banged up pins for free or do you have to pay for them?

I'd like to get a few of them for targets.

If u can get them cheap they are still great targets. They last forever.

Fixed it for you. And I partially agree. I wish CRK had kept that steel.
I still think people should be doing sprint runs in CTS-B75P just for the neo-retro appeal (...if that's a thing?), but as long as we're voting on all time appeal I have to go for the original.
Just like Star Wars, you always stick to the first release.

Back