New Buck Web specials

Mine arrived today! I guess I will have to love serrations, cuz I love ATS-34. :D

DSCN0483.jpg

DSCN0482.jpg

DSCN0481.jpg

Hey Razor, your inbox is full! ;)

Very nice! Can't wait until Friday for mine to arrive. Thanks for the pics.

The way that blade is marked, the dealers will be selling them on e-Bay as rare Buck Custom Shop knives.

I'd have grabbed one for myself if I'd known they were unused Custom Shop blades.

Good catch.

:thumbup:

I see one of the elk cutouts at $99 Buy it Now.

Doubling his money.

Well.....this is America, after all.

:)

That ATS-34 Buck 110 looks great I think I could live with the serrations I have had realy good luck with Buck's ATS-34 it has great edge retention.

I didn't realize these blades were mirror polished. Great knives!!!

Beauties Gordon! I missed out on the Cherrywood 110's which is OK, I already have a few in Cherrywood. I was bummed that I missed out on the 500's though, they are one of my favorites. Those and the D2 118's were my first choices. I'm happy with the ATS-34 110's even if they are partially serrated. I really like the fact that they seem to have used older Custom Shop blades in them.

Beauties Gordon! I missed out on the Cherrywood 110's which is OK, I already have a few in Cherrywood. I was bummed that I missed out on the 500's though, they are one of my favorites. Those and the D2 118's were my first choices. I'm happy with the ATS-34 110's even if they are partially serrated. I really like the fact that they seem to have used older Custom Shop blades in them.

:thumbup: Its like you read my mind!! :D

Got my two D2 118s today - interesting minor factoid: the tang stamps differ. Both are stamped BUCK|[anvil]|Custom|USA on one side, but one is stamped the same (i.e., BUCK|[anvil]|Custom|USA ) on the other with "D2" above that stamp, while the other is merely stamped "D2" on that side. Maybe it's a production goof, since these are probably hand-stamped? :) Does anyone else have just "D2" on one side?

Yes, I've had pics up since yesterday.

:D

As much as I revere you guys and hang on your every word, I have to confess that I had not read that thread...but the pic below is exactly what I've got in hand as well. I was kinda hoping that I had a unique factory goof. :D :D :D

004.jpg

For info.....here's "Honesttom" from Dec 2006.

I have a couple buck 118's with d-2 steel and wanted to know if anyone
could give me any info on this knife? How many made? how the tang should
be stamped?

I have one that is stamped Buck
Anvil symbol
custom
u.s.a.
then on opposite side D2

I have a second one that reads Buck
Anvil symbol
custom
u.s.a.
on both sides of the knife, then D2 down the top side of the knife blade , different than the first knife,
I'd post pictures but i don't know how
thanks for any info in advance.

I have a feeling they turned out quite a few in both stamping methods, although one would think the double-stamped one would be less common.

On that same thread somebody quotes Joe H. as saying all those blades had been scrapped when they moved to Idaho.

Yet here they are......I wonder if they are all used up now?

I know you like the 500, I think I introduced you to them in a little trade. Keep your eyes peeled for a Maine post mark.

Good info, thanks - and dunno, obviously. Did you look at the date on the box labels? :)

For info.....here's "Honesttom" from Dec 2006.

I have a feeling they turned out quite a few in both stamping methods, although one would think the double-stamped one would be less common.

On that same thread somebody quotes Joe H. as saying all those blades had been scrapped when they moved to Idaho.

Yet here they are......I wonder if they are all used up now?

Mine are both December 2010.

Searching for mysteries without any clues.

But......it's all good fun. One needs a few copies of the only knife Buck ever made in D2.

:)

They are all tempting.... :D
Heres a couple more pics for you guys. One is headed to Canada, one to Germany, and my Dad is getting one for Fathers day on the 19th. (Don't forget ;))

DSCN0480.jpg

DSCN0479.jpg

Back