New Cold Steel Products For 2016.

What purpose does a Scottish Broadsword serve, other than as a wall hanger? Or a Colichemarde? Or Shamshir? You can't carry it for self defense(are there ANY states that still allow carry of swords?), it costs more than a shotgun but is much less effective as a home defense weapon, and HEMA practitioners don't like them cause they're much heavier than real Scottish broadswords. It's cool to have, but is there any real, useful purpose it serves other than coolness factor? I mean I shelled out ~$250 for one, but I sure can't think of any actual use for it other than saying "hey look laddie, I have a Scottish style sword!". I like having one(in fact, I'm very hesitant to spend $200+ on 1 blade, and the CS sword is the ONLY blade I have in that price range other than my TFW swords) but it's still not useful, I knew that when I bought it.

As a side note, I'm surprised nobody has commented on the Collossus being available with both a plain AND a black finish...maybe we'll start getting a finish option like that with other knives?
Yes. There are states in which you can still carry swords.

https://youtu.be/cGbE0L2zWbc

Better shot of the black version. I'm usually a nekkid blade guy, but I think I actually prefer black on this particular knife.

12592538_10153374642383730_3035894714459423774_n.jpg

Crocodile knife. Not Dundee, the actual animal.

I saw that they are going to release some all steel hawks, like Estwings on steroids.

Steroids, yeah. CS don't hold back in their designs. Expect an axe fit for Oprimus Prime. Well I'll just use that as my ceiling and see how close they come.

Really like that broken skull! Just wanna see what it looks like closed...will it have the undesired hooked stop pin tang exposed? I really don't like that...feel like it ruins the look of the knife.

Looks like some fun stuff coming this year. I wish the limited edition voyager wasn't combo edged. I would also love to see Cold Steel do a folder in 3V. The Recon or American lawman would be an awesome platform to see it in.

I really wish they would make me a real smatchet, not just a machete. No one else is doing it. I would do dirty things for a double edge, properly weighted, 3v smatchet with a nice handle and good sheath. This is exactly the kind of thing i look to cold steel for. Please make it happen.

Turns out the Finn Hawk is a fixed blade version of the Finn Wolf. :(
I was hoping it would be a tomahawk, but I guess they don't have them in Finland :p
CS20NPKZnt.jpg

Looks decent, though. I might pick one up.

I hate cold steel for offering amazing knives with the strongest lock on the market for a good price, because my wallet is getting thinner

I am liking the looks of the DLC-coated Colossus a lot!

It looks so much better than the regular version.

Last edited:
Knifecenter has more pre-order pics up. In addition to the Broken Skull line, the maces, and the baseball bats, they've added some machetes(3 sizes of Latin style with D-guard handles, 2 sizes of the "slant tip machete" which is basically a 1 handed version of the All-Terrain Chopper), a cricket bat, some more rubber training models for those into that...

Super digging the mace and Broken Skull. I plan to get my hands on those for sure. The Camp Boss really does it for me, too.

Last edited:
Okay, I didn't care much about the Broken Skull at first, but if the 3.1oz weight is correct that suddenly makes it a MUCH more interesting knife.

Like, I might have to add one to keep my Pacific Salt company, interesting. Always nice to have a plain edge option.

Okay, I didn't care much about the Broken Skull at first, but if the 3.1oz weight is correct that suddenly makes it a MUCH more interesting knife.

Like, I might have to add one to keep my Pacific Salt company, interesting. Always nice to have a plain edge option.

3.1oz?! I didn't even notice that! That puts it into Manix 2 LW territory with a Tri-Ad lock and CTS-XHP steel! That's very impressive.

Back