New Flipper - the Spyderco Dice

Well I know another spydie I'm getting this year! But will they make it in the blue twill CF like the domino?

Let's not Forget guys. Spyderco makes knives to be used. They are Not really safe queens. You can't really carry bigger in most Urban city's or at the office. The dice is not being marketed for survival settings. You want bigger and badder? Get a Para 2 and call it a day! Or a microtech? They build some of the MOST Bad Assed Knives on the Planet. And that's if you really want bigger and more bad assed :rolleyes: (Flame suit on)

Let's not Forget guys. Spyderco makes knives to be used. They are Not really safe queens. You can't really carry bigger in most Urban city's or at the office. The dice is not being marketed for survival settings. You want bigger and badder? Get a Para 2 and call it a day! Or a microtech? They build some of the MOST Bad Assed Knives on the Planet. And that's if you really want bigger and more bad assed :rolleyes: (Flame suit on)

I'm not saying there is no role for small knives. I own and use a few of them, but I really prefer a larger knife (the Manix2 XL is my favorite Spydie, though the Police 3 is giving it a run for the money). The Native is as small as I will go for an EDC, and that is because of the remarkable ergonomics. I'd like to see some of the neat new gadgets applied to big knives.

Baby flipper; certainly something to look out for. Especially now that I've gotten a hold of a domino.

For everyone who ever wanted a smaller flipper from Spyderco, it looks like they've delivered.

GPKnives just posted a photo from SHOT of a new model, the Dice:

http://instagram.com/p/jM2oyXP-yz/

It looks like this might be a Chaparral-sized model. GPKnives describes the knife as the "baby brother" to the Domino, and it does have a family resemblance, right down to the Bill Cosby sweater CF weave and CTS-XHP.

What kind of lock and clip are going to be on this?

Beating the drum here, but I would like a design that isn't so tall when folded in the pocket. A smaller Southard, for example.

+1 I'll add my vote here as well. A 3" Southard could very well be my perfect EDC folder...possible better than my current fave, the Techno.

+1 I'll add my vote here as well. A 3" Southard could very well be my perfect EDC folder...possible better than my current fave, the Techno.

Same here. The Domino/Dice are cool, but a Stonewashed-black G10 handle Mini-Southard would be a real winner.

Thanks. I saw the SS video for the Dice. I'd prefer a liner lock with a wire clip, so I'll be passing on this one. I could settle on the current clip, however I really despise frame-locks.

Doesn't "Dice" imply plural?

Guess I'll have to buy two if I don't want a die. ;)

I think it looks alot better than the Domino, for sure.
I wish they'd make one and slap some G10 on it. Im not a fan of Carbon Fiber.

This is going to be the first Spydie I will have picked up in a good long while, and I'm really looking forward to it. I think an aftermarket scale is going to have to happen, though. I love CF, but their checkered variant is not my fav.

I'm really excited over this one. The domino was a good knife, but imho the Southard is better, so that's what I ended up keeping. That said, the Southard is pretty big, and until they make a mini Southard (oh please oh please) this will do nicely. There are remarkably few high end small flippers on the market; other than the Curtiss F3, I can't name one. I bet this will be a big seller, especially if it's around the $175 price I have in my head

Back