New For 2017: Cold Steel Frenzy (XL) Folder.

Well, sort of. The ER and classic italian knife seem to have a very slight belly, the Frenzy is a true wharncliffe.

ROMANO.jpg

EX135BF3n.jpg

Blank-Diagram-Cold-Steel-Frenzy-485x155.png

This is a GREAT COMPARISON. Super well thought out. I had no clue that this Extrema Ratio Dark Talon even existed. I really like it. Super nice and in a price point that is similar to the CS Frenzy. 50+/- Bucks.

Im actually contemplating picking up the Extrema Ratio Dark Talon, but the write offs for me would be the:

Coated Blade
Smaller blade,
50 bucks more....

Regardless. I STILL think I'm going to wait for the Frenzy. Im super excited about a Very light weight 5.5 inch Wharncliffe Blade. This is prob one of the most exciting pieces that have come out in a while for me.

One a side note. It looks like the Frenzy is available for order at full price on the Cold Steel website:

http://www.coldsteel.com/frenzy3.html

All the other models it says:

Availability: Out of stock

This is an interesting development. But I'm going to call Cold Steel today to see if this is a mess up on their part or if they actually have them for sale.

The Frenzy is available from some dealers. Mine is on the way. I have had an ER Dark Talon. They are very nice knives. On the plus side they are very thin and easy to carry concealed especially IWB with their deep carry clip. On the minus side they are more like $ 75 more and the aluminum scales can get cold in the winter and I have seen a small amount of rust on mine when I really neglected it. A Dark Talon with G-10 scales would be perfect.

The Frenzy is available from some dealers. Mine is on the way. I have had an ER Dark Talon. They are very nice knives. On the plus side they are very thin and easy to carry concealed especially IWB with their deep carry clip. On the minus side they are more like $ 75 more and the aluminum scales can get cold in the winter and I have seen a small amount of rust on mine when I really neglected it. A Dark Talon with G-10 scales would be perfect.

Pics when it arrives!!!
Enjoy it, looking forward to your thoughts on it :thumbup:

Damn I thought I was through with knives for a while. Glad there ain't no one asking for a mini haha

Actually, I wouldn't mind getting a 4" blade version as well. I love the slim design, the more neutral handle, and wharncliffe blade. have one in each size would be perfect.

My two favorite CS folders

Attachments

• 4Max and Frenzy Sized.jpg
    4Max and Frenzy Sized.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 92
My two favorite CS folders

Holy cow! I read the specs, but this really illustrates the size of the Frenzy! My 4Max doesn't get carried due to the weight, but the slim design and light weight of the Frenzy make it sound pocketable.

So really Big discrepancy in the color of the Cold Steel frenzy III. That model is the gray and black. And I was originally going to order that because I wanted the darker of the colors. Being that black was on the outside. But from watching the review videos versus the pictures that cold steel and the other sellers have put up, it's actually a very light gray and it's on the outside. Making the green which is the frenzy to darker. Just a heads up for people who are interested in buying one of these.

VS the real color.

Guy

So really Big discrepancy in the color of the Cold Steel frenzy III. That model is the gray and black. And I was originally going to order that because I wanted the darker of the colors. Being that black was on the outside. But from watching the review videos versus the pictures that cold steel and the other sellers have put up, it's actually a very light gray and it's on the outside. Making the green which is the frenzy to darker. Just a heads up for people who are interested in buying one of these.

VS the real color.

Guy

There's definitely gonna be variations in the layered g-10, as it all depends on how deep the machining is. Also if you start of with a different layer of color, you will have the opposite effect, either more black, or more color. You can see that the blue is fine, but the black and the green looks inverted. You can sand it down a little bit to expose the other color if you want.

You're right. The green and black are inverted too!
Good eye. I like the dark of the inverted more personally.

The blue one is the one that interests me, and it would look fine either way, like the green does. The gray does look drastically different, though, in "negative." Interesting.

The blue one is the one that interests me, and it would look fine either way, like the green does. The gray does look drastically different, though, in "negative." Interesting.

Yeah, the blue Frenzy for me also. I'm really hoping that a 4" version comes out this year or early next year :thumbup:

I have a Frenzy I, Green, On the way too. The blue Wasn't my style, and the Inverted color of the black just really ruined it for me. So the Green was the darkest one for me....Can't wait to get my hands on it. Its quite the Piece. Not very many on the market like it for sure...It might end up on the Classifieds if it doesn't work for me. :mad:

I have a Frenzy I, Green, On the way too. The blue Wasn't my style, and the Inverted color of the black just really ruined it for me. So the Green was the darkest one for me....Can't wait to get my hands on it. Its quite the Piece. Not very many on the market like it for sure...It might end up on the Classifieds if it doesn't work for me. :mad:

You can get the white one and dye it black

I agree, the price is steep. I've been lamenting Cold Steel's decision to dump Aus 8 ever since it happened. However, to judge from the hysterically positive reaction on this forum to the more expensive steels, you'd swear that the majority of people on this forum are rich boys who can't wait to spend their money on features that will make absolutely no practical difference to them.
Better steel, better handles, lighter weight, better blade coating. Still a great bargain for a better knife comparable to more expensive brands. But I know what you mean about all the rich boys on this forum.;)

Back