New Gladius from Busse Combat

Very nice lookin non traditional gladius. Anyone know the measurements? Personally, I've always found their line of swords a lil heavy for a good flow when swinging, but, they do look nice.

One just sold on the Exchange, so I will borrow a portion of the description.

quoting Will York:
"Overall length is just over 23 inches. Blade from point to front edge of handle slab is 15 1/8” or right at 16” if measured to talon holes. Blade thickness on this one is .30” in front of handle slabs—it is a beast! Yet surprisingly well-balanced for its size."

Such an awesome looking sword but waaaaaaaaaaaaay out of my price range. :(Although probably worth every penny and more.

Squeak talk. ^^^
Let pbubsy buy you one. :D

I thought I won the lotto the other day. Some of the fellas at work and I have been putting in on buying a grip of tickets a couple times a week. Makes the odds better :p. Unfortunately it was a fluke....I was a tad too sauced and misread the ticket :grumpy: If I had, I'd definitely buy Tyrkon a Gladius.....just to watch the videos!

Hmmm. Personally, I'd love to see what Tyrkon would make of one.;)

You bet he'd learn how to throw it pretty quick! :D

Dang, I would sell my car to get that. That is the only sword I have ever really seen that I just have to have.

I handled one at Blade, briefly, and although well balanced, the frikkin' thing is very heavy....had to be around 3 lbs, which for one hand.....is too much of a good thing, imo.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

I handled one at Blade, briefly, and although well balanced, the frikkin' thing is very heavy....had to be around 3 lbs, which for one hand.....is too much of a good thing, imo.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

It's a common thing, very often knife makers think a sword is just a big knife.

True. ^^^
My Hartsfield Katana was way too heavy, compared to a Traditional Katana.

Don't usually post here but , that Gladius is freakin cooler than freon.

I would give the tip of my pinky to own one.

I think.

:)

Oh, no.:) When it comes to a sword, Mr. Garsson knows of what he speaks.

I agree... notably I wasn't saying anything about Mr. Garsson. I was instead merely noting that often when a knife maker gets into the sword business they often think that they can just make a bigger knife.

I agree... notably I wasn't saying anything about Mr. Garsson. I was instead merely noting that often when a knife maker gets into the sword business they often think that they can just make a bigger knife.

That is true...and I think OP was simply stating that it might be sad this is the case.

There was no distal taper, and it is pretty thick stock. The problem with this Gladius is that when you overbuild a knife it is simply heavy, but when you overbuild a sword it is extremely unwieldy and difficult to practice with.

Hopefully they will tinker with it as lessons are learned....the shape is wonderful.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

That is true...and I think OP was simply stating that it might be sad this is the case.

There was no distal taper, and it is pretty thick stock. The problem with this Gladius is that when you overbuild a knife it is simply heavy, but when you overbuild a sword it is extremely unwieldy and difficult to practice with.

Hopefully they will tinker with it as lessons are learned....the shape is wonderful.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

Exactly.;)

I'll take lightning fast any day. When I used a traditional Katana the strokes were effortless.

Back