New GSO 2.7 Thread

Here's a comparison photo with the old 3.5, CPK EDC and 2.7. I love them all. Can't decide which to carry...

80b0902993dfa8e6b536c01c449f963d.jpg

I wrote the below statements in the pic thread, but sharing them here is a better place to discuss.

ni1s, you have great taste in cutlery!

Especially now seeing these vastly different styles in handle design, I can't not remember Lorien's comment about how a knife handle should feel in your hand

Last edited:
ni1s, you have great taste in cutlery!

Especially now seeing these vastly different styles in handle design, I can't not remember Lorien's comment about how a knife handle should feel in your hand

Thanks Silver!

Yes, I've also had a hard time getting that statement out of my head. I was actually quite hesitant to get the EDC because of the handle, it looked too specialized where I prefer neutral like the original 4.1. But now I've got to admit that it's very very comfortable, and versatile. Looks. An early deceiving.

Also, the 2.7 surprises me every time I pick it up. It looks so small but the handle is very filling and comfortable.

Thanks Silver!

Yes, I've also had a hard time getting that statement out of my head. I was actually quite hesitant to get the EDC because of the handle, it looked too specialized where I prefer neutral like the original 4.1. But now I've got to admit that it's very very comfortable, and versatile. Looks. An early deceiving.

Also, the 2.7 surprises me every time I pick it up. It looks so small but the handle is very filling and comfortable.

Ha! I knew I wasn't the only one.

I have heard a lot of good things about those EDC handles.

You might have seen me say before that I was pretty skeptical about the 2.7 handles, but I haven't had an uncomfortable experience yet!

....... I was actually quite hesitant to get the EDC because of the handle, it looked too specialized where I prefer neutral like the original 4.1. But now I've got to admit that it's very very comfortable, and versatile. Looks. An early deceiving.

Lorien designed a crazy amount of leverage into the EDC handle. I would think it would be king of feathersticking. Nice blades nils.

Hey guys. Is anyone here still waiting on their 2.7 20cv from the July '16 pre-sale? If you know your order # that'd be cool too. Thanks.

Thanks, Ni1S, for the great comparison shot and comments. I've been very curious about the Carothers EDC in hand and side-by-side with the elusive 3.5.

And, Phixt, no word as of yet on my 2.7 presale order in the mid 96xx range.

That's pretty cool, ni1s! I've never worked with bees. What types of things do you use a knife for while beekeeping?

That's pretty cool, ni1s! I've never worked with bees. What types of things do you use a knife for while beekeeping?

It's a pretty knife-intense hobby actually, with a equal amount of prying, cutting and scraping. You typically have to split/bend the boxes apart to lift them off because they stick together, the same with frames (there are special "knives" for this too though), and sometimes cut away parts of the wax from the frames, ocasionally pry some things (I had to lift a little grate that got stuck for example). :)

It's a pretty knife-intense hobby actually, with a equal amount of prying, cutting and scraping. You typically have to split/bend the boxes apart to lift them off because they stick together, the same with frames (there are special "knives" for this too though), and sometimes cut away parts of the wax from the frames, ocasionally pry some things (I had to lift a little grate that got stuck for example). :)
That is really cool

I do tile and stone and my 2.7 is always on my hip. It melts through pallet straps ,cardboard and I even do light chiseling w it

Survive's production status indicates that all of the presale GSO 2.7 orders have been filled.
I don't recall seeing very many seconds for the GSO 2.7, and no excess stock has been listed for sale.
I think that means there shouldn't be any outstanding orders for this model.

I have a 2.7 2cd on order yet, but not real sure how fast the remaining Betty's and 2cds will ship with the push being on getting the old pre orders out at a faster pace than before. The orders still say the 90 day shipping window, so maybe.

Back