New knife and sheath finished, more to come.

Scott Hanson

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Got out to the shop and finished this AEB-L hunter up for Mack, blade is heat treated with cryo to HRc-62, handle feature a Randall 27 style spacer pattern and a stag handle that matched the Randall tribute knife he has already as it's cut from the same antler. There will be more knives trickling in as I get them finished.

Note the addition of the new Scagel kris opposite the name side. That tis a tang stamp that i made, I wasn't happy with it so I had a custom one made by Buckeye engraving which looks better IMO, when I get a chance I'll post some pics of it.

I hope you enjoy the photos.

IMG_1977.jpeg IMG_1978.jpeg IMG_1982.jpeg IMG_1983.jpeg IMG_1989.jpeg IMG_1980.jpeg IMG_1991.jpeg IMG_1992.jpeg

"The fit and finish on that is beyond belief." - certainly looks that way Mack Mack
Truly splendid from were I sit. Would of course have to send one to me for a full impartial assessment. Get right on that won't you please :cool: ;)

Finished up another sheath last night for one of the Santoku's. It's more of a slip cover that I put a belt loop on ease of caring like in the back yard when your grilling food on the barbecue grill. This knife has a about a 6 1/2" AEB-L blade heat treated with cryo treatment to HRc-62. The blade started out as 0.100" stock ground down to 0.010 at at the edge so it should cut. The handle is Lignum Vitae and for some reason oxidized in my shop over the past couple days and turned green. That is some strange wood to work with as well. When gluing up the handles I a little epoxy on the wood and tried wiping it with some acetone on a piece of paper towel and all this deep blue ink started coming out of the wood. The wood also has a strange waxy feel to it.

IMG_1999.jpeg

Last edited:
Here is a photo of one of the knives right after I finish the handle and a piece of the paper towel that turned blue when I tried wiping the handle with acetone. Also note the color difference of the handle in this photo compared to the previous photo, that color change happened over the last week or so.

IMG_1906.jpeg

Lignum is certainly some incredible but odd wood. Beautiful work on the knife and sheath.

I'm in love, that's an incredible piece of work.

I can't wait to check it out next time I see you, Mack. You going to make it to Ethan's?
I'm not sure yet. Lots of overtime at work right now and days off are constantly changing. I hope to be there.
I really want to show off a bit.

I'm not sure yet. Lots of overtime at work right now and days off are constantly changing. I hope to be there.
I really want to show off a bit.

Awesome. I hope you can make it - some of us lads are making some plans to do some carpooling and/or caravan. I'll send you a PM.

Did I miss something?
Scott's work is so good he gets all the spammers and trolls.

Last edited:
Back