NEW MEMBER THREAD! If you're new to the forum post it here.

Welcome aboard. Please do us all a favor and participate in areas more than just the exchange. :)
There are some outdoorsy threads here, as well as a few “knife testing” threads. Have fun and welcome to the addiction.
PS. Do yourself a favor and pick up a CRK Sebenza 21 or Inkosi and work it hard. Best working folding knife out there.

Keep ‘em Sharp

Thank you? I’m considering a Sebenza but just haven’t found the one that speaks to me yet. I’m to slow and spend too my lunch time working on the ranch to pick anything worth a damn out of the exchange - already figured out that it’s dominated by keyboard warriors with nothing better to do than hit the refresh button every 60 seconds. Lol. How’s a working man to ever compete with that? Haha!

I’m just looking forward to learning more about the tool I use so much. Thanks so much for the welcome!

Thank you? I’m considering a Sebenza but just haven’t found the one that speaks to me yet. I’m to slow and spend too my lunch time working on the ranch to pick anything worth a damn out of the exchange - already figured out that it’s dominated by keyboard warriors with nothing better to do than hit the refresh button every 60 seconds. Lol. How’s a working man to ever compete with that? Haha!

I’m just looking forward to learning more about the tool I use so much. Thanks so much for the welcome!
You’re welcome.

Yes, desirable items seem to go quickly on the exchange.

This is a fantastic place to learn about knives. Friendly enthusiasts. :) Don’t be afraid to read lots, post lots and start threads when you are comfortable. :)

Again, welcome to the BF family.

You’re welcome.

Yes, desirable items seem to go quickly on the exchange.

This is a fantastic place to learn about knives. Friendly enthusiasts. :) Don’t be afraid to read lots, post lots and start threads when you are comfortable. :)

Again, welcome to the BF family.
I'm very new here myself and I could kick myself now for waiting SO LONG to buy a membership!! This place is awesome! I have been reading non stop since I signed up! Loving it and there seems to be tons of great people to get to know. 😁😁

I'm very new here myself and I could kick myself now for waiting SO LONG to buy a membership!! This place is awesome! I have been reading non stop since I signed up! Loving it and there seems to be tons of great people to get to know. 😁😁
Welcome!

It’s always great to have more knife enthusiasts sign up. Glad you are here and learning a bunch.

Hang on to your wallet…it can get expensive!

Looking forward to your posts here when you are comfortable.

S&F

Hi all

I just tried logging in and it worked!!

I actually joined last year but didn't think it worked as I was experiencing difficulties actually getting logged in back then!!

I've not made any knives in many years but now i've finished having to go and earn a crust, I reckon i'll have time to start again!!

Here's a couple I made about thirty years ago at work when we had little to do!

The double edged one is made from an old Butchers sharpening steel and is around 20" long, I worked in a heavy foundry and carved patterns from pine, Then made sand moulds then poured molten brass in!

The cutlass type thing I bashed out of a half inch mild steel packing strip so is just a wall hanger!

I made both without power tools which is probably why I have arthritic hands now!! 😆😆
5FDEVWy.jpg

Cheers, John :thumbsup:

Hi everyone, just joined & figured introduce myself & a little about me.

Aviation is my life & passion. I work for an Airline & I used to work for a company at the Airport I work at with the Airline. I love photography, movies, music, watches, cycling & hiking.

Never really got into knives until my Spyderco Para 3 that I got in May 2020, that's when the knife bug bit me. Prior to the Spyderco, I've received 2 Swiss Army knives (Victorinox Tinker & Rescue Tool) & a SOG Trident.

I have this info & some more about the knives in my profile.

Hi All,
Just joined this morning. Been lurking for a short while. Starting to dip my toe into collecting some traditional folders, slipjoints, etc. I can already tell it is a slippery slope. In hopes of avoiding spending the afternoon trying to find the simplest instructions for uploading photos, using an image hosting site, etc., can anyone point me to an existing thread with step-by-step instructions and/or recommendations for image hosting sites?
Thanks!

Hello, I've read this forum off and on for a few years and finally decided to join. I like bushcraft and other outdoor activities. Here to learn, thanks for having me.

New from South Dakota. Always have had a knife in my pocket and have recently gotten into Spyderco. Also recently got into green river knives and finishing handles for them... a lot of info to be had here and looking forward to learning more about knives....especially matinance and sharpening.

New from South Dakota. Always have had a knife in my pocket and have recently gotten into Spyderco. Also recently got into green river knives and finishing handles for them... a lot of info to be had here and looking forward to learning more about knives....especially matinance and sharpening.
Welcome to the best forum on the interwebs! Hold onto your wallet and cancel your CC’s!!
😁

It took me a few minutes but I finally found the new members thread where I can say hello.

I’ve been a knife owner and lover for thirty some odd years since my grand mother gave me my first folder at 8 years old. I’ve gone through dozens of knives and edged tools over the years but only in the last decade or so have I really embraced the world of super steels and higher end knives. Along with a knife collection, I recently added to my workshop, a TSProf Blitz 360 sharpener along with a handful of stones to try. The search for bonded diamond reviews brought me to bladeforums! I’m excited to be a part of the forum and to learn from the wealth of knowledge that exist here.

It took me a few minutes but I finally found the new members thread where I can say hello.

I’ve been a knife owner and lover for thirty some odd years since my grand mother gave me my first folder at 8 years old. I’ve gone through dozens of knives and edged tools over the years but only in the last decade or so have I really embraced the world of super steels and higher end knives. Along with a knife collection, I recently added to my workshop, a TSProf Blitz 360 sharpener along with a handful of stones to try. The search for bonded diamond reviews brought me to bladeforums! I’m excited to be a part of the forum and to learn from the wealth of knowledge that exist here.

Welcome!! Knowledge you will find here! That is for sure. We are a pretty friendly bunch, but a warning…we are enablers!
I suggest taking a gander at the forum rules, read up and learn, and post when and where you are comfortable. Looking forward to getting to know you.

For a great thread to start your time here reading…

New here. How do you send PM's to members. Is there a certain amount of post needed before I'm able to do that?

New here. How do you send PM's to members. Is there a certain amount of post needed before I'm able to do that?
Private Messaging requires a paid membership. Registered members can leave a Visitor Post on a user's member page.

Greetings!

I've been lurking the forums for years, signed up a few months ago, but only just managed to get my account confirmed this evening! Yeah, apparently the e-mail provider I used (AOL) didn't like BF or something because I never received my confirmation e-mail despite repeated attempts to have it sent to my inbox, until tonight when I finally decided to try a different e-mail address and immediately received my confirmation e-mail!

Now that that's done, I can finally join in on all the discussions about knives that go on here and even start a few of my own.

Happy New Year, Blade Forums!

Back