New Peter Rassenti

This new Rassenti design looks killer. Curious to see about price but I very likely might pick this one up. What does everyone else think?

Looks awesome. Don't know how much it'll cost yet but if it's as much as I figure it'll be I'll probably buy an insingo inkosi before it. Nothing against the Spyderco, I just don't have a CRK yet and if I'm going to spend that much money...

Last edited:
Looks awesome. Don't know how much it'll cost yet but if it's as much as I figure it'll be I'll probably buy an insingo inkosi before it. Nothing against the Spyderco, I just don't have a CRK yet and if I'm going to spend that much money...

Quite the opposite here! I've had CRKs and as much as I loved everything else ergos, handles, feel in hand...) I found their S35VN to be meh! 4 out of 5 came disappointingly with obtuse edges (I think the one I was impressed with, the previous owner had done some undisclosed edge trickery of his own!) which all needed to be retouched right out of the box, plus dulling up faster than any Spyderco I've owned (granted different grinds, but whatever!). I'd most definitely consider spending $500 on a Spydie Rassenti Paysan which comes in an S90V (allegedly) than an Inkosi Insingo in S35vn.

Quite the opposite here! I've had CRKs and as much as I loved everything else ergos, handles, feel in hand...) I found their S35VN to be meh! 4 out of 5 came disappointingly with obtuse edges (I think the one I was impressed with, the previous owner had done some undisclosed edge trickery of his own!) which all needed to be retouched right out of the box, plus dulling up faster than any Spyderco I've owned (granted different grinds, but whatever!). I'd most definitely consider spending $500 on a Spydie Rassenti Paysan which comes in an S90V (allegedly) than an Inkosi Insingo in S35vn.

Come on man, I LOVE my Inkosingo!

Come on man, I LOVE my Inkosingo!

You are much better than me when it comes to sharpening and maintaining. I just voiced my personal opinion and being real as to how I'd spend my $500ish after that knife comes out and we get some unbiased reviews.

^^^^This. My words EXACTLY. Face it, it’s not going to be cheep. I hope that some of the more subdued styling plus greater experience with production pushes the price down (hopefully a lot) relative to its predecessor. If this knife goes much over $350 it’s going to be competing with CRK & Olamic for my wallet—that is tough competition.

If everything is dialed in on this one, as I’m pretty confident it will be after their experience on the Nirvana, I’ll definitely be picking this one up.

As others said, if it's $350 or much above, it's probably not going to be for me. That kind of money is reserved for CRK, Olamic, Millit knives, WE limited editions, Reate, Todd Begg Steelcraft lineup, and Shirogorov or Brad southard if I can ever bring myself to put down $700+.

So tired of everyone whining about the clips on the Nirvana and now this knife. What's wrong with it? The Spyderco hourglass clip works great, I don't get it. its gonna suck after listening to people cry about the Nirvana clip forever and now we're gonna have to listen to it again, geezus. It looks great, milled clips arent that great and if you must get one made.

No it doesn't look great and it doesn't feel great either.
I doesn't follow any lines of the knife, it crosses other lines, and it's too wide compared to the frame and lock bar.

I really wish they would mill a pocket and use a clip more similar to what is on a K2.

Great looking knife and I must admit the pocket clip is nice. It’s nice on a standard production Spyderco. This knife is a high end and deserves a pocket clip to match.

I can only only speak for myself but the knife is so beautifully contoured and has great lines, then a factory clip is installed...come on man. No bitchin here, just constructive critism. I only complain, argue and get fired up when the 2nd amendment is debated.

Knife companies see the pocket clip as an after though. Zt has been guilty of this in the past on some of their models. Crk does have a plain pocket clip but the Sebenza is a simple design. In the end, the clip won’t dissuade potential buyers but is lacking.

That's a nice looking knife. I hope it comes in less than $350. If so, it's pretty much a must-have.

Edit: OK, I didn't realize it's an integral, so yeah, there's no way this thing isn't at least $450. Might still be worth it, though. It's beautiful.

Last edited:
I cannot believe that Peter Rassenti will come in less than $350. His name is too big for a cheap price.
The S90V is a great steel...but ONLY (IMO) when the blade isn't so intolerably thick as seems so common today.

no issues with the clip as have had bad experiences with the rassenti custom clip. i have owned two custom and they are insanely hard to take out the pocket and are pocket destroyers. This clip will be 100x better in my experience than a custom rassenti. Function over form in this instance. Can not speak to other parts of the knife, but no problems with the clip here. Hoping it's a thin slicer and unsure if I'm going to pick it up, but sure looks nice. Would love to own one.

Last edited:
Back