New Peter Rassenti

I will probably pick one up. I follow Rassenti and I'm excited about Spyderco getting this one right.

Favorite custom knifemaker + favorite production knife company = win.

Maybe that signature hourglass clip is part of what makes it a Spyderco?
And I'm really happy I don't see any extra holes for that distinctive pocket clip!;)

Quite the opposite here! I've had CRKs and as much as I loved everything else ergos, handles, feel in hand...) I found their S35VN to be meh! 4 out of 5 came disappointingly with obtuse edges (I think the one I was impressed with, the previous owner had done some undisclosed edge trickery of his own!) which all needed to be retouched right out of the box, plus dulling up faster than any Spyderco I've owned (granted different grinds, but whatever!). I'd most definitely consider spending $500 on a Spydie Rassenti Paysan which comes in an S90V (allegedly) than an Inkosi Insingo in S35vn.
Only had one CRK in for sharpening and maintenance once; felt like nothing but hot air. The action was not better than any other quality folder. Steel sharpened like 8Cr and the 17dps bevel was already terribly big. They sure look nice though :D

Love the knife, the clip really looks out of place. Hopefully they will consider a change.

Only had one CRK in for sharpening and maintenance once; felt like nothing but hot air. The action was not better than any other quality folder. Steel sharpened like 8Cr and the 17dps bevel was already terribly big. They sure look nice though :D

Loved everything but the steel on my CRKs and I'll be lying if I say that I do not miss them and that I'm sad that they did not work out for me mostly because of my own ineptitude when it came to sharpening and maintaining the edge. I know that a lot of my knife-loving community brethren take pride and joy in reprofiling a knife according to their own preferences right out of the box, but that being the case it would prohibit me from dabbling in $400ish knives which need such TLC.

I tend to like CF & Ti handles and for about 50% to 70% of the CRK prices, I have managed to accumulate some stellar Spyderco produced knives. Although not quite as glamorous as CRKs which I had owned, they still hot the spot for my own tastes. In no way, shape or form I wish to denigrate CRKs at the expense of pushing my own perceived Spydie-love agenda.

I don't understand this strategy. The Nirvana wasn't selling well because of its price so they decide to make another with the same designer that's...MORE than the Nirvana?

So...according to bladehq it will be $580.
Unsubscribing!!!
PKE3OkM.jpg

Wha...wha...whaaaaat!? I am admittedly dumb with my disposable income, but I may pass (ok, probably not :rolleyes:). I am satisfied with my Nirvana (until I start seeing Paysan reviews haha!) and am having trouble seeing the appeal of the Paysan over it considering the price difference. All IMO, of course.

Yeah 580 is nuts as was said above the Nirvana didn't do well (there were some design issues) at 400 this is bad its a hard nope for me.

Hahahaha hahaha ha ha....wait, seriously? $580? Someone over at Spyderco is off their rocker.

Sorry BHQ Spydie-Ressenti, but it ain't gonna happen here either so far as a preorder goes. Although I had anticipated a price of circa $500 earlier on in this thread, I'm gonna sit back and watch this one for a while as I don't wanna be an early adopter with my funds. TBT, the supposed new Marcin Slysz's Spydiechef version has started to intrigue me much more.

This makes the Sebenza look like a bargain! Ha ha. In the big scheme of life, I’m not angry or offended by the price but I won’t be sliding one of these in my pocket. I was expecting this to be in the $425-475 range.

Back