New Products for 2013

It may have been said. I'm too ADD to read the whole thread.

Mini-Griptilian. Thicker steel liners, g10 scales, variety of handle colors. I would like to see it with spacers for the back, instead of the solid handles, and a factory collab between Wilkins, Cuscadi, and Benchmade.

Thanks for asking.

I'd really like a 300SN with a slightly larger blade. Say 3.75" and I'd buy one today, 4" and I'd buy two!

I think its a great design and very appealing. Only thing is it is just to small for me. I really hope there's a plan for a larger version in the near future.

Thanks.

Edited to add: My all time favorite BM is the AFCK. I'd really like to see it available as part of the normal line up. It's been very frustrating over the years as the limited runs get snatched up quickly and then only available on the secondary market at high mark up's.

The Rukus and Skirmish are my second & third favorites. It would be great to see them return some day. Even if it were a limited run or updated version.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Another vote for a Mini AFCK Axis.

I recently bought a second hand Limited Edition AFCK in M390 because I like the design and blade steel. I love the knife. I have two complaints about it, however. It's a little bit on the large side and it has a blade coating. I would love a smaller one!

I am a concerned about 2013 model line up: I'd say most of these new knives do not look like Benchmade I know. It is like the company is moving away from its classic/gentlemanly look into some bushcraft/tacticool world... These new models would fit Lone Wolf niche rather than support proper Benchmade brand. With the exception of balisongs of course (which are not available for me sadly: for I live in Canada). Seriously!
Yes, there is also 470 or rather its variations: but it somehow has never attracted my attention - it is a bit overdone from my point of view.
With BM company having four different brands with each brand having such a good potential for its own very distinctive image: it is sad to see such a mess! Sorry: I am big fun of Benchmade and it is sad for me to see the brand loosing its image: trying to be everything for everybody! I hope it does not become a trend!

Last edited:
The only knife that is mildly appealing to me is the Bushcrafter, but I am puzzled over the use of S30V steel for a knife type that generally uses carbon steels.
I don't think you need to worrry too much about that...
[video=youtube;3ntmZKvsvVA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ntmZKvsvVA[/video]

I have one of the bushcrafters. I own 200 + knives and I have not been more excited about a knife than when I first held it. I bought two immediately. The leather sheath is also very functional. It is called a bushcrafter but I see it as a bushcrafter/hunter/general survival woods knife. I have one of the fixed griptillians and really like it, but the bushcrafter is ten times the knife. I know S30V is not everyone's favorite, but my Ritter Grip has been great. My favorite BM is the D2 Bonecollector folder (full size). It has gutted, skinned, and cut up an ELK and Deer and still shaves with out any touch up. I think S30V for a survival knive might be better than D2, but I would buy a D2 Bushcrafter immediately.
Ron Athay

A would like to see more scale material options for the grip/mini grip series. I would also like to see a titanium framelock version of your #745 Mini Dejavoo. That is my favorite Benchmade knife. Keep the deep pocket clip. I don't know if you can make another Lum collaboration now that he is passed though.

I would like BM to make some G10 or Micarta scales for the 375 Adamas. I know I can get some made by a custom maker, and I just may do so, but I think it would be cool that you guys make an optional set for this model.
John

Nice lineup.I would like to see axis lock with Ti liners and CF scales.
The Ti might be too soft for liners but some engineer could try to harden the impact areas.
Would make a light axis lock like the Contego very special.

I like your hunting line... I carry at least 2 knives - one fixed and a folder. I doubt anything will move my M390 710 from my pocket during hunting. I would like more variety in steels for a larger fixed skinner. I like that mountainside, but I am curious as to why its handle is so curved?

of the 2013 line up the 300sn and of course the balisongs are the most interesting to me. But as several others have mentioned here an axis AFCK would be sweet. Also bring back the Skirmish both mini and large!

I've put off the 950 before, but I've got it on the list - vs. the new Kershaw Thermite. Obviously, something about the knife makes it justify the price.

Satin blade? I'd prefer nitrided, but it's ok. Axis vs frame lock? I don't have an Axis, it's earned it's solid reputation. Handle to blade ratio, the 950 is better. Pocket clip?

Oops. Tip up only? Ambidextrous, but tip up only? Kinda like making the Shelby Cobra left hand drive only? :D

I'd preorder a tip down direct if given a chance. I don't think I'm alone. 950/satin/grey-black/tip down. I'll keep my eyes open.

I'd love to see the new lineup of bali's offer an alternate model that incorporates the spring latch. IMHO, the spring latch was THE best bali innovation since the orignal Pacific models' "modernization" of the balisong itself.

Prof.

In my opinion, I don't see any model here that will be coveted and turned into a timeless brand-identifying design like the 55X, 710, 61X, 635 or 810... Does anyone else feel like one of these knives will become a classic?

I think these will answer that question...

The Shane Seibert bushcraft is my favorite.

-and-

I really like my 300SN.

It has become one of my most favorite knives in quite a while.

I hope to see new versions in different colors and a larger size too!

Both of those instantly came to mind when I read your question. The Bushcrafter in particular.

The new releases for 2013 don't do anything for me. I agree that none of the new models are going to become core anchor models that define Benchmade like the griptilian, etc.... I think you are missing out on a nice niche market for a production higher end griptilian line with premium blade steel (New 62-64RC heat treat M4 without the black coating, M390) and top notch handle material like G10 (toxic green!), Carbon Fiber, Micarta (ivory would be wicked!) and Titanium [...] Another area would be a nice sub 3" blade, full flat grind no thicker than 2mm, knife designed for those of us in an office environment, very thin in the grips, deep pocket carry clip that wasn't bulky like the spyderco wire clip, polished G10 handle.

I absolutely agree with this. Although I like the 2013 line-up in general, I won't be buying a 2013 balisong or a bonecollector lock-back. They're just not for me; and that's cool, because I'm sure they are for someone out there.

But again, I think focusing *more* on what the company has been doing right up to this point, and improving upon that, will generate more (sustainable) excitement and bring in a larger customer base. G-10 griptillians and mini-grips at a reasonable price, will fly off the shelves. The AFCK is a huge hit for many, as has been proclaimed several times in this thread.

I also agree with the idea (in a BIG way) that a sub-3" gentleman's-type folder would be fantastic for office-folk. If BM did that, they might single-handedly bring back the frame of mind that every man should have a pocket knife on him. And no, I'm not being sarcastic. I think this company could be *that* company.

Having said all that, I love my 300SN :D

A scaled down "mini" Adamas folder with the same D2 and heavy duty axis lock offered with a satin or stonewash finished blade would be great!

Volli looks aweful good. Also the bushcrafter.

Problem is, you've made some truly great knives and made it tougher to raise the bar any higher. Not a bad problem to have.

To echo some sentiments in this thread, I'd like to see a new run of Axis AFCK or Ares. I can't afford $850 for a gold class Ares but would jump at the chance to pick up a new "normal" one.

I tried a few Axis Assist knives and wasn't a fan. Honestly it felt like a gimmick. Give me a plain Axis lock any day. It's a solid design that doesn't need the assist.

The Bushcraft fixed blade is on my short list for sure. Well done!

We need more pictures though. :)

Back