New Products for 2013

I am really interested in the 162 bushcrafter. I think you have chosen an excellent steel for the blade, and the design looks like it would work very well.

Now if there was just a bit more availability.

TI handled 62 please please please, with longer handles and a SPRING LATCH. Don't care how much it costs.

Is the scorch code 3 due out soon. I really need to see a knife from the hk line that can effectively replace the lone wolf lobo or warrior. Thanks

The Bushcrafter #162 looks interesting. I'll have to check one of those out when I get the chance. :)
-Bruce

I think S30V for a survival knive might be better than D2, but I would buy a D2 Bushcrafter immediately.
I'm with Ron on this. I'd like to see D2 as an option for the steel on the Bushcrafter, however, I "do" like the S30V blade on my De Javoo #740 folder. ;)
-Bruce

What would you designate a 707 scaled up to a 3.75" blade, with M4 or M390 steel, Micarta scales and a blade thickness of 0.16"?

That is a knife I would like to buy.

I'm not sure D2 would hold up to what the bushcrafters do to their knives. I think S30V is an okay option and maybe even 3V or something a little tougher.

A friend of mine has the 162, and I simply MUST get one of them at some point. Love that thing, it's a nice little fixed blade. I actually prefer outdoors knives to be stainless, so I love the S30V blade on it.

Benchmade is my favorite production knife company but I have to admit I too am disappointed the new offerings. More titanium frame locks please like the Skirmish, Subrosa -without the recurve blade or nitro assist. Also the return of the Mini AFCK would please alot of people.

Last edited:
A question if I may?

When Benchmade announces their lineup for the year is that pretty much set in stone in terms of new models released, or do you sometimes release new models throughout the year?

I'm looking forward to trying an axis flipper, but like a lot of people od prefer a longer blade and grip. I don't expect you to tell me about what's on the drawing board (although it wouldn't piss me off) but yeah... just wondering if you guys ever do mid-year releases.

Not at all,
We understand that not every knife excite everyone and some states are very restrictive in what they allow you to carry. The Contego and the Adamas are tough acts to follow but from what I have seen from our engineers there are some excellent knives in the works that I think everyone will like! =)

I personally think you need to start kicking back out your classic discontinued knives that everyone loves instead of making new designs that don't appeal to everyone, the skirmish, mini skirmish, rukus, mini rukus, afck, and PLEASE start making the strykers again! Those strykers are your most badass design by FAR the Benchmade 907BKD2 looks near perfect and a local store has one in stock but Im scared to buy it due to the issues i've heard from others on these assisted strykers and the fact that they want $130 for it and they used to go for much less. PLEASE start producing these again! You will have no problem selling them, just look at how popular they are on the forums. there are a few other great models I didnt mention, but I believe many other people will be with me on this one.

TI handled 62 please please please, with longer handles and a SPRING LATCH. Don't care how much it costs.

agreed, it would be nice to have a 42 style knife with sandwich construction, I think they should use the 51 spring mechanism, or design a completely new one altogether

A question if I may?

When Benchmade announces their lineup for the year is that pretty much set in stone in terms of new models released, or do you sometimes release new models throughout the year?

I'm looking forward to trying an axis flipper, but like a lot of people od prefer a longer blade and grip. I don't expect you to tell me about what's on the drawing board (although it wouldn't piss me off) but yeah... just wondering if you guys ever do mid-year releases.

they actually release knives almost year round. They do alot of LE runs that put these "standard" benchmade to shame. keep an eye out here and im sure they will post up when they release more blades through the year.

they actually release knives almost year round. They do alot of LE runs that put these "standard" benchmade to shame. keep an
eye out here and im sure they will post up when they release more blades through the year.

Definitely. There are sure to be some surprises mid-year. Some very special LE's came around last year and were must-haves, like the Ares Anatoly has photos of in his excellent posting. :thumbup:

the new smaller Bone Collector lockback will definitely find it's way to my pocket. Those look great!

A micro Griptilian. :)

I'm only half joking. I'd love to see a shortish 2" blade with an AXIS lock.

The more I think about it the more I like S30V on the Bushcrafter. I'm going to need to pick one up real soon. :)

Back