New Spyderco fixed blade?

Sal,
I know you probably can't give an exact date, but about how far away are we from seeing the new Spyderco FB ? Tomorrow! Alright! No! Just kidding, but impatiently waiting.
smile.gif

We know how well the Spyderco Moran worked out. The 40-50 people here who say they'll buy the "next" Spyderco FB knife won't make it a great seller. Maybe that's fine with Mr. Glesser. I don't know.
How about a Spyderco Moran with a flat carbon fiber handle. Do the people who want a new FB from Spyderco even own a Moran?? No telling. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see another FB from Spyderco. Will I buy one?? Probably not. I don't have the money for my Shabaria or my SpydieCard(yet). I'm still planning to buy a Lum Chinese folder when it finally arrives. Too many spyderco's, not enough cash.
frown.gif

I'll stop my rambling.
smile.gif
Time for bed anyways.

Blades

1. They should be users not collectors pieces
2. I like a rough micarta handle with no sharp edges or square corners.
3. I like Sax(Wharncliffe)blades, clip points, and sharp triangular blades like the blade on the Calypso. I probably would wind up with one of each. Think about a fixed blade Calypso. a) A nice pointy point, b)v-shaped back(nice touch), c)ergonomic handle, relatively straight edge.
Cops around here don't worry about 4" blades thanks to the Buck 110. If they stopped everyone with one of those, they wouldn't have time to do anything else.
4.) Thicken up the blade to make it stronger.
5.) It must also take and hold an edge so sharp it can cut its way out of its box by itself.I like D-2 but there are a variety of steels that would suffice without driving prices through the roof. Resist the urge to go cheap on steel.
6.) full tang with lanyard hole.
7.) Kydex multi-carry sheath.
------------------
The thorn stands to defend the Rose, yet it is peaceful and does not seek conflict

[This message has been edited by fudo (edited 01-06-2000).]

Back