New ZT?

I'm sure it'll be a good workhorse type knife. Not a fan of the handle material, pocket clip and price. So, it's a pass for me.

In hand....Random notes....the ball detent is stiff. Time will tell if it will loosen up without tinkering with it. The CF handles are great. Tough to see the green in the weave, but they are real CF, not a G10 laminate. The CF covers the kmife's assembly screws. The Ti handles are solid, except for an assembly hole, similar to a Sebenza. Blade runs on washers, which is fine. Bearings are over rated and can be plagued with issues. Blade grind is even. Lockup is about 20%. Overall, it's a solid knife, carries well, and should be popular in the ZT line.

I'm sure it'll be a good workhorse type knife. Not a fan of the handle material, pocket clip and price. So, it's a pass for me.

Yea, the pros don't out weight the cons for me.

Pros
- Not a flipper
- PB Washers

Cons
- Carbon Fiber (in general)
- CF Overlays (don't care for this on any knife - even the 0393).
- Pocket Clip - it rides too high and I don't care for the design.

I agree with you. "I wish" ZT would make some more no-nonsense type knives, use some different types of locks, maybe make a few more fixed blades, etc. But, they are in this business to make money, so I can't blame them for making what sells. I do wish they wold alter their motto, however, as the mention of "hard use" is a bit confusing compared to the products they produce. Oh well, plenty of other brands out there.
Agree. But I am glad they are offering a non flipper opening alternative. For those of us who don t fidget with their knives!

Back