No love for the manix 2 lw

The manix 2 lightweight is my favorite knife. I love the ergonomics and being left handed it has been a god send plus it only weighs 3 ounces who couldn't love that. My question is will we ever see a sprint run for the lw version or if not a sprint can we get a plethora of handle colors. When I first saw the translucent blue handle I thought wow what else could they do maybe a total clear handle or translucent green or red instead we get all the same handle colors like the dull blue s110v makeover and plain black. I would love for it to get all the colors of the Endura line either as full production runs or as sprint runs even if they kept the bd-1 steel.

Luv my Manix 2 LW S110V.

Wouldn't surprise me to see a Manix 2 LW HAP40 Burnt Orange next year.

No love?

IMG_1657_zpsqyihwxsm.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hate it. Mine sits in a drawer. I can squeeze the sides and make the scales touch in the center. Very cheap feeling. Love the thicker frn on the native but for a knife the size of the manix the frn is to thin and flimsy. Absolutely hate it.

Some people dislike the light duty handle (like steelhead seeker above) and some people think the knife is uncomfortable in use. Personally, I like the translucent blue model just fine--for looks and utility. It's a little too wide in profile and I don't like the wire clip but that's my personal nits. Still a great knife.

Luv my Manix 2 LW S110V.

Wouldn't surprise me to see a Manix 2 LW HAP40 Burnt Orange next year.

I'd be pretty surprised to see that. The Manix is Golden made and the HAP40 models have all been made in Seki City. I'd say a sprint in something like M4 or 4V would be more likely.

Lots of people think the linerless frn knives are flimsy, but that ability to flex is the source of their strength. The material is very impact resistant and will bend and sprig back instead of cracking or permanently deforming. It's also impervious to the elements and most chemicals. After using a linerless salt knife for a long time, I am completely confident in frn. Very far from flimsy. It also takes rit dye really well, the light colors especially. Some time us knife people loose sight of what a knife really is and what it's capabilities are. I occasionally find myself reaching for one of my "overbuilt" knives, but always come back to the lower priced frn knives that have always done what ever I needed them to.

They're pretty inexpensive, find one at a low price and beat on it a little, you might be surprised.

Hate it. Mine sits in a drawer. I can squeeze the sides and make the scales touch in the center. Very cheap feeling. Love the thicker frn on the native but for a knife the size of the manix the frn is to thin and flimsy. Absolutely hate it.

Yeah pretty much where I'm at - the reason I don't get one even though it's one of the only Spydercos (overall design) I like enough to want. The texture they use on the FRN handled knives is cheesetastic IMO.

It may feel cheap to you, but the LW will take a surprising amount of force before it breaks.

I really like the LW Manix lineup, especially the S110V version! I think "hard use" is a funny term for a folder :D I'll use the appropriate tool for the job, and in the meantime I'll be enjoying the lightweight folder in my pocket that just seems to disappear.

I like it overall, but I do think it is a little wide in the pocket in some situations. I believe it's pretty solidly built for being a
LW version...more color options would be cool ;)

I like it a lot. I just haven't carried it since I got my pm2. It takes up more real estate in the pocket than the pm2.

I love the Manix LW. My current favorite iteration is the S110V. I personally like the blue color this one comes in.

I started to buy the blue frcp lmnop S110V version, but since the new catalog lists that awesome royal blue G10 version I am waiting on that one.

My go to EDC for the last couple months. I love how thin and light it is. I was worried at first about the S110 steel and being difficult to sharpen but I can easily get it back to hair popping sharp with my sharpmaker.

That being said I have been looking for something else similar to it just to try something new. I suppose other comparable options would be great.

I can see the blade being a little on the wide side but it doesn't really bother me.

My go to EDC for the last couple months. I love how thin and light it is. I was worried at first about the S110 steel and being difficult to sharpen but I can easily get it back to hair popping sharp with my sharpmaker.

That being said I have been looking for something else similar to it just to try something new. I suppose other comparable options would be great.

I can see the blade being a little on the wide side but it doesn't really bother me.

I bounce back and forth often between my Manix 2 LW in S110V and my Kershaw Knockout in Elmax. They are very similar packages. Both offer a thin EDC knife with a wide blade in a high-end steel that I really like. Also, both are very lightweight for the size and strength they offer.

The lw Manix's are frcp not frn. They are pretty tough, I saw a thread last year on the Spyderco website from a guy who broke his knife trying to baton through a log, the s110v blade broke before the handle did after hitting a knot, so it's plenty strong for me. Looks like Cutlery Shoppe will be making an orange exclusive in the near future.

12196362_977875832259151_3459538731539897481_n.jpg

Back