• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Nocturnal Knives Order

I've learned this the hard way, as have many others here, but it always bears repeating: don't pay up front.

Just to give anyone considering buying from these guys, be cautious

Deposits were paid on blade orders with the balance due when they were nearing completion. So the balance was pod and we are now at about 9 months. He stopped communicating with people for months and finally posted a message saying he would make it right since he was unable to deliver. He also said he would set up an email just for people who have already paid so he could respond to inquiries and refund requests. So I sent an email requesting my refund and I've only been waiting on a refund for a couple weeks now, but seeing some of the stories from others, some have been waiting months and no refund.

One poster stated that he had ordered in 2014 and still has not received his blade or refund after promises that it was on the way.

The failure to communicate, the lack of follow through, failing to refund money after telling customers that he would, etc.

Same here, I put in an order for a knife over a year and half ago. I had been waiting so long with no updates that I almost forgot about it. I have messaged them and the response times are two weeks minimum and they give you the run around or don't respond at all when you ask for a refund. I just want my 600 dollars back. Nocturnal Knives is scum.

Yea this has been my worst experience with a maker! And to top it off, PayPal said they can't do anything because his quoted finish times are outside the 6 months you have to make a claim. So I'm most likely just out of my money, but wanted to warn others so they don't get suckered too. Learned my lesson about paying before a blade is ready to go out!

Last edited:
Same here. I ordered an E.N.C in April 2015. I had a few correspondences with "Marie" initially but that's it. I mailed the twice in December and once now in January plus I made an inquiry through their website - nothing!!
I'll wait if they would guarantee that they'll just make the knife.

Does anyone know what their situation is. Are they overwhelmed by too many orders maybe??

Any info from the would be awesome. The messages mentioned above are they from their news letter?

Thanks

BG

No they posted some stuff up on Instagram and have actually made some responses on there.

Honestly, I think the guy bit off way more than he could chew and is suffering because of it. His biggest issue is he took people's money and then was unable to deliver. Would be one thing if he had waited until they were almost completed to take balances, but now he doesn't even have the money to refund people

I am absolutely sure they are scam artists.

Yea I dumped the one blade they had actually managed to deliver at a loss just to be totally done with them and request the refund on the second.

Now someone is reporting that they have shut off their phone as well.

I think there is another big thread on this topic here somewhere. Doesn't sound too good.

Yea I wish all this thread had been created before I ordered about 9+ months ago.

Everyone gave them the benefit of the doubt because they responded in the past year or two sporadically but failed to leave up to any promises. How many times do they think people are going to fall for it. He claims that Paypal has a complicated refund system that is causing the delays. It takes less than 30 seconds to issue a refund, a complete liar and scammer. Spread the word.

And he is not a knifemaker, he outsources everything (stated by him as the delay with suppliers), yet he says handmade customs in the USA, that is total BS.

Pretty pathetic. They had a few decent looking models (if you are into big tantos, of course) It seems like they could have been much more successful continuing the business instead of robbing people early in.

Yea the PayPal refund process is literally a click of a button.

Wow. This guy is a real piece of work. I like how he promised an additional folder for those who have been waiting. He can't even fulfill the initial orders. How the hell can he double them. Real slick.

Back