• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Nocturnal Knives Order

Looks like Nocturnal Knives are finally turning out fixed blades. What I do know for sure is the person who owns the IG account does not make the knives. I know knife maker hands and that dude doesn’t have knife maker hands.

Got a DM from him last week stating that a knife will be shipped this week. I'm cautiously hopeful.

Yo fellas! I have had personal encounters with Nocturnal Knives and I can assure you that dude is working hard. His knife designs and execution is nothing short of insane! Hang tight guys..... it's worth it. Just my personal experiences. Slice on!

LOL...ya think...?

They could at least use their imagination.

I know. Right?!?!?!

For those that don't know, "gene" / Jeff Carte / Nocturnal had numerous sock puppets on Instagram that he used to talk up his product. He also aggressively edited the comments to make himself look better. Now, we see relatively new accounts here praising him... You can draw your own conclusions.

You guys have NO idea obviously. I didn't know him until after I bought 2 of his knives. I got your sock puppet clown!

Insulting or Rude Behavior
I bet neither ncrockclimb or JohnWe has a dog in the fight, so troll elsewhere gayboys!

I bet neither ncrockclimb or JohnWe has a dog in the fight, so troll elsewhere gayboys!
It’s not trolling, it is the experience we have had dealing with Nocturnal. I did have a dog in the fight and had to fight for months to finally get a refund after being told that it was lost in the mail a couple times and a host of other excuses.

Just because he is putting out some knives now doesn’t make up for the sins of the past.

Trust is earned or lost based on actions, Nocturnal has lost mine and many other’s trust based on his actions.

Defend him if you want, it’s a free country after all, but don’t expect to come in here and be well received with your praise

It’s not trolling, it is the experience we have had dealing with Nocturnal. I did have a dog in the fight and had to fight for months to finally get a refund after being told that it was lost in the mail a couple times and a host of other excuses.

Just because he is putting out some knives now doesn’t make up for the sins of the past.

Trust is earned or lost based on actions, Nocturnal has lost mine and many other’s trust based on his actions.

Defend him if you want, it’s a free country after all, but don’t expect to come in here and be well received with your praise
I'm not trying to stir the pot, but when I am called a "sock puppet" for posting the good experiences that I have had and trying to be encouraging to others that STILL have a say in the situation, the pot needs stirred apparently. I have just recently met the maker, and can assure you that he is working hard. I have seen it with my own eyes. I know he has had problems with vendors in the past, but I believe he has a more reliable material source now. And I find its safe to assume that you have done things in your life that you could use some forgiveness for and understand that people can make things right. I have 3 nocturnal knives and they are amazing. Sock puppet that!

I'm not trying to stir the pot, but when I am called a "sock puppet" for posting the good experiences that I have had and trying to be encouraging to others that STILL have a say in the situation, the pot needs stirred apparently. I have just recently met the maker, and can assure you that he is working hard. I have seen it with my own eyes. I know he has had problems with vendors in the past, but I believe he has a more reliable material source now. And I find its safe to assume that you have done things in your life that you could use some forgiveness for and understand that people can make things right. I have 3 nocturnal knives and they are amazing. Sock puppet that!

I can honestly say I have never scammed someone, stolen money from people, operated under false pretenses, or a host of other things he is guilt of.

This goes back not only his operation of Nocturnal Knives but also Karg knives before that.

And no, I’m sorry, but he can not blame his actions on vendors.

I would suggest starting another thread about your positive experience vs coming here where the bad blood with anything Nocturnal runs deep

Yo fellas! I have had personal encounters with Nocturnal Knives and I can assure you that dude is working hard. His knife designs and execution is nothing short of insane! Hang tight guys..... it's worth it. Just my personal experiences. Slice on!

Yo Zack, you're lying, again.

I know. Right?!?!?!

For those that don't know, "gene" / Jeff Carte / Nocturnal had numerous sock puppets on Instagram that he used to talk up his product. He also aggressively edited the comments to make himself look better. Now, we see relatively new accounts here praising him... You can draw your own conclusions.

Slice on...

Look, you're not gonna be around very long anyway so why not leave now before it's too embarrassing for you and you force the mods to ban you?
Haha! You're a tough guy, aren't ya.... behind that keyboard! LMAO! How many Kershaw's do you own....3, 4?

Please, tell us more about your experience, "gene" / Jeff Carte / Ivan / Nocturnal - ooops, I mean tell us more about your experience WITH "gene" / Jeff Carte / Ivan / Nocturnal. Where did you meet? What exactly did you see with your own eyes? What were the problems that "gene" / Jeff Carte / Ivan / Nocturnal had with vendors, and how does that justify him stealing from numerous people, operating under an alias and lying about it when he was caught, and all the other lies he has told to customers over the years?

Seriously, I am really looking forward to your response. You are obviously close to the situation, so your insight will be very valuable to the many members of the knife community that have been caught up in this debacle.

Slice on!

edit for bad grammars

Please, tell us more about your experience, "gene" / Jeff Carte / Ivan / Nocturnal - ooops, I mean tell us more about your experience WITH "gene" / Jeff Carte / Ivan / Nocturnal. Where did you meet? What exactly did you see with your own eyes? What were the problems that "gene" / Jeff Carte / Ivan / Nocturnal had with vendors, and how does that justify him stealing from numerous people, operating under an alias and lying about it when he was caught, and all the other lies he has told to customers over the years.

Seriously, I am really looking forward to your response. You are obviously close to the situation, so your insight will be very valuable to the many members of the knife community that have been caught up in this debacle.

Slice on!
Too much fun. First off, I'm not Gene. If you read my previous post, I have just recently met him. We live close. I had no idea of his past short comings but after I bought a couple of knives from him, we began talking about his past. He told me about allot of the things you guys are talking about. Though I've only known him a short time, he seems very genuine on making things right to those he has wronged. I base my judgment on that. The knives that I have from "Nocturnal" are bad ass. I have cut multiple blanks for him in my shop, so I know he is working. I'm sorry that you guys have had bad experiences in the past, but all I know is how he is trying to make up for it. So hold a grudge if you must, but my personal experiences have been great!

Back