1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

2. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Bad Nocturnal Knives Order

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by Heineken, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Zach Riley

Zach Riley

May 2, 2017
    You are a simple mind........ lol. You are welcome to scope out my IG if you truly think that

2. ncrockclimb

ncrockclimb

Nov 20, 2014
    So, your not just a customer, but also a supplier that works with "gene" / Jeff Carte / Ivan / Nocturnal. Got it.

BTW, does Jeff / Ivan / whoeverheiscallinghimselfnow use the name "gene" in public now? According to "gene" / Jeff Carte / Ivan, "gene" was just an alias that he hid behind to obscure the Karg / Jeff Carte connection with Nocturnal.

Finally, I am not sure how holding a thief accountable is holding a grudge. During the height of Nocturnal he never once tried to make restitution to the people he stole from while doing business as Karg. He actually defrauded MORE people as Nocturnal. I really don't buy that "he is trying to make up for it." I find it much more likely that he is trying to start the same scam for the third time. I see no evidence that he has changed, and find no reason to give him another chance to rip off more people.

Last edited: May 15, 2018
    sunny sy, palonej, moshow9 and 3 others like this.
  3. Zach Riley

Zach Riley

May 2, 2017
    I only know him as gene. And I'm not a supplier. I just happen to have a 4k fiber laser at my shop and have burned some blanks for him from time to time. He brings in his own material and CAD drawings and I burn them. And again, I only know what he tells me and he has been genuine with me (I hope)

4. Nixelplix

Nixelplix

Mar 26, 2003
    Sounds very interesting. I'd love to see a photo of your shop laser.

jux t likes this.
  5. Pilsner

Pilsner Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 28, 2017
    This would be hilarious, if it were not for the stolen money.

Oi, Gene, sling your hook, you aren’t fooling anybody.

palonej and bonky like this.
  6. Zach Riley

Zach Riley

May 2, 2017
    I have a video and pics of the knife blanks. Not sure how to upload pics on here. It is a 2017 Amada 4k fiber laser. I will say that the 3V he brought in was .313 thick and it was tough to cut. Even before heat treat. I think it ran at 7 inches which is slow. How can I upload pics?

7. Zach Riley

Zach Riley

May 2, 2017
    Your an idiot

8. stabman

stabman

Sep 17, 2007
    Jeff Carte, otherwise known as "The Sun", Karg Knives, etc.
    Otherwise known as the guy who stole my Strider SmF when I sent it to him for a new scale...
    Otherwise known as complete scum who can rot in the deepest level of hell.

palonej, moshow9, bonky and 2 others like this.
  9. trevitrace

trevitrace Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Yes. You're.

loon#r, palonej, danbot and 2 others like this.
  10. Zach Riley

Zach Riley

May 2, 2017
    I can't believe it's the same dude that I know.

11. stabman

stabman

Sep 17, 2007
    Hopefully he has reformed.
    Sometimes people change...perhaps he has.

12. Zach Riley

Zach Riley

May 2, 2017
    Good call

13. Boru13

Boru13 Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Apr 25, 2000
    And you're gone... look on the bright side, it gives you more time to laser those knife blanks :rolleyes:

Lone_Wolfe, palonej, moshow9 and 7 others like this.
  14. Pilsner

Pilsner Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 28, 2017
    You’re hilarious, Gene.

shinyedges likes this.
  15. ncrockclimb

ncrockclimb

Nov 20, 2014
    But... but... but... that wasn't "gene" / Jeff Carte / Ivan / Nocturnal. It was someone else. "gene" / Jeff Carte / Ivan / Nocturnal would never use a sock puppet. LOL!

16. JohnWE

JohnWE Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 7, 2013
    Tried to warn him...

17. ncrockclimb

ncrockclimb

Nov 20, 2014
    I just took a look at "gene" / Jeff Carte / Ivan / Nocturnal / whoeverheiscallinghimselfnow Instagram page. He is actively posting again. However, he has all the comments turned off. Classy.

18. W. Anderson

W. Anderson Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 22, 2016
    Got a DM from Nocturnal stating that my knife will be good to go this week, evidently there was an issue with whomever he uses for HT. Will post updates. Hopefully they're positive ones. Honestly I just want my damn knives back.

LCKT707 likes this.
  19. Rykjeklut

Rykjeklut Basic Member Basic Member

May 23, 2018
    Wooh. This thread was a riot to read through. Hope it works out for all of you in the end.

LCKT707 likes this.
  20. brute steel

brute steel

Jan 27, 2018
    Issue with HT? I thought he uses Peter's?