Not a knife, but I think it's cool... Name it and I'll give you one...

I still like BrewsKey. :thumbup:

That was KingMC back on Page 3. For all to see. Yippee!

That made me think of "BUD-Spud"

.and the Ti version of course would be "BUD-Light" , but probably copyrighted.

.....so maybe "BUD-Lite"

Last edited:
Brain Flash! :eek:

"Spuds McHooker" Yeah Baby! :D I kinda like this one too.......

Spuds Mackenzie needed company like everyone, so at McDougall's they hooked up to open a brew or two. He would have married her,....... but same old story,........she was such a Biotch ;) (A bit of trivia: Spuds Mackenzie was actually female, a little known fact back then.)

.....and that brings to mind, of course, "SpudsHooker" , and "SpudsHook" or even "SpudHook"

.....and maybe "Suds Hook",....can be put together and shortened for a new word with a catchy sound "Sudook" or related "Sudookey"

"Man, I forgot my bottle opener, can I borrow your Sudookey?"

Last edited:
Looks like my old bottle opener with a hole in it and where I went my Popper went with me and people would always ask to borrow my Popper ~~ so I guess ( what a surprise ) I would go with ""Popper""..!**

...and "Spuds-Bar" or "Spud-Bar" appropriate too I think, and it gets the job done describing it. Device is a pry bar of sorts, and of course the spuds offered at a bar.

By the way, a Spud Bar is an actual tool used for prying: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spud_bar

"Spuds McKeyZ" or spelled "Spuds Mackeyzie"

"Suds Key" (available at the beer joint "McSuds" :rolleyes: )

Last edited:
Name submissions will officially end this evening... It has been the pre-stated week... Awesome batch of names, and it is going to take a little time to whittle down the winner.
So get in those last stabs while you can... The spreadsheet is getting long!!

I have had the 'contest' up elsewhere, but I have to say nothing there has stood even a beggars chance against the submissions here. Too many talented and creative individuals in one place I think...

On a side note, the latest batch of my other bottle opener arrived yesterday. I'll be posting those soon on the exchange. Probably later today or tomorrow.

This one will take a little time before I get them on the exchange. I am still doing them one at a time on my manual mill after all.

The winner here though, as stated, will have his pick of either the regular or shrunken version. And it will go out ASAP.

Cheers, and thanks again for the awesome names submitted so far. It has made this much harder than I expected. But that's a good thing...

-Eric

"BrewsTi".

I would love to win one but I'm also interested in buying one. Are you offering these for sale?

"BUDinsKey"

A "Budinski" is said to be someone who interferes with the affairs of others, but spelled this way your key to getting into your Buds. (DON'T go there! :rolleyes:)

Then there's the "KeyRingThing" that just popped into my mind, I'm such a budinski!
(For the Southerners probably pronounced: "KeyRangThang")

Last edited:
Then there's "BottleThrottle" , the tool that releases the fuel to get the party started!

(might even create a "backfire" after a few, but just walk it off and blame someone else! :eek: (preferably the OP ;) )

.....and "BudBaby", the tiny tool that is often credited with the next child in the home coming about.

"Yes,.....that my son Buddy,......he's a BudBaby. ;)

.....and for really cold ones, there's the "Bud-sickle", (At least TWO the adult Popsicle, opened with a "bottle sickle"). You can't open this wrapper without the proper tool.

and related "Bud-cycle" , because this starts the cycle of, well,.... "Recycling"! Even the name "ReCycler" works if it does the job enough.

(but after a few too many maybe leave the car and ride your Tricycle on the sidewalk, you bum you! :D )

Last edited:
This one just came to me: "The Decapitator", .....removes the cap to release the head.

Bartender or Party Miester speaking to patron after using The Decapitator and pouring into a glass,.... "Heads UP!".

.....now off to grab a bite to eat. My brain is tired anyway. :)

Last edited:
What's a party without beer, so bring along your "Party Popper"
Don't be a Party Pooper, bring your Party Popper! It's a step up above the competition! (even with that one short leg.) :D

"The Hopper" , already known for the video recording device, but "Hops" is a basic beer ingredient so why not.......

and that brings us to "Party Hopper", It starts the party, releases the hops made brew, and hops around with you from party to party on that one damn leg!

"The Hopster" also fits rather well, with the ingredient and one legged functioning, and doesn't infringe on "The Hopper" possible trademark.

"The Hopper Popper" fits as well.

"The Yeast Beast" not bad......

"The Flowda" , gets the juices flowing. (Approved by Yoda, of course ;) )

Last edited:
"The One Eyed Trouser Tool" comes to mind, AKA the "One Inch Wonder" to some.. :rolleyes:

(and brother of "The One Legged Hooker" previously mentioned. :D )

Last edited:
Since this is winding down I thought I would mention that although this has been a lot of fun, and a good brain exercise, ......I really would never make use of the (final name inserted here).

At age 58 beer goes straight to my gut, and I already ride a bicycle regularly and watch what I eat to keep the weight off as well. (I lost 30 pounds over 2 years riding a bicycle several times a week, and now weigh 178 pounds at 5' 10" tall)

When I DO occasionally have "a beer", it's usually from a can and my thumb nail is plenty stout to lift the tab. (I play guitar and ukulele so I grow my right hand nails out).

Cans are lighter to carry home full, and also lighter to carry back (in bulk) to reclaim the deposit. (and of course can't break like glass can) I carry groceries on a bike also, so I try to stay away from glass whenever I can.

For that reason, if any of my names were to be chosen, I would like my "gift" to be given to one of the finalists of this naming project, whose name could be drawn from a hat or any other way you see fit. ;)

Last edited:
Since this is winding down I thought I would mention that although this has been a lot of fun, and a good brain exercise, ......I really would never make use of the (final name inserted here).

At age 58 beer goes straight to my gut, and I already ride a bicycle regularly and watch what I eat to keep the weight off as well. (I lost 30 pounds over 2 years riding a bicycle several times a week, and now weigh 178 pounds at 5' 10" tall)

When I DO occasionally have "a beer", it's usually from a can and my thumb nail is plenty stout to lift the tab. (I play guitar and ukulele so I grow my right hand nails out).

Cans are lighter to carry home full, and also lighter to carry back (in bulk) to reclaim the deposit. (and of course can't break like glass can) I carry groceries on a bike also, so I try to stay away from glass whenever I can.

For that reason, if any of my names were to be chosen, I would like my "gift" to be given to one of the finalists of this naming project, whose name could be drawn from a hat or any other way you see fit. ;)
But it opens cans fantastically well too Joe...
Amongst other things even a strong thumbnail doesn't as the wife is finding out...

And I've found several guys that are into craft sodas. The old school natural sugar/low sugar kind.... birch beer, sasparilla, ginger beer... etc.

Just sayin. I appreciate the 'pay it forwardism' though.
:)

Oh yeah, 1:15 remaining ladies and gentlemen!

-Eric

Last edited:
Back