Not enough love for the Gayle Bradley 2

Got mine today. Fit and finish are excellent like most Taichung knives and the action is amazingly good. Shaving sharp out of the box and blade is perfect.

Lock up is good but mine has a good amount of lock stick, hoping that it will smooth out with use. The gunmetal pocket clip is a fingerprint magnet and I can see why several people have relieved the lock release access.

96y47Np.jpg
Mine has some pretty serious lock stick also. In my experience it tends to go away with use.

Mine has some pretty serious lock stick also. In my experience it tends to go away with use.
I guess I got lucky because I had very little if any as I’ve mentioned upon taking it out of the box. But like you said it’s pretty much smooth as butter now with not even a hint of lock stick and that’s only after a day or so of carry and couch entertainment :D
This GB2 is one clean machine and can see now why DLT sold out so fast. It’s a really well made and designed knife that puts a smile on my face and that’s a good thing :thumbsup:

Yeah, that’s my hope, because it is really hard to close. I am approaching 50 years old and have had many frame and liner locks over the years and this one is by far the stickiest. Man, I love the knife...hopefully it goes away. Make this a compression lock and I would buy 10 of them. I understand that GB didn’t intend for this to be a fidgety knife but the action of it is soooo good, it begs to be fidgeted with. Then I go to close it...

C'mon Spyderco...give us some sprint version on this! It's a great folder!

My folder collection has run the gamut from CRKT to CRK to Shiro's. I am down to 3 folders at the moment, and the GB2 is one of them. A few weeks ago I would have said it was my favorite folder. (Then I put some Aramis scales on my K390 PM2 and it is now in the running... we will see). But the GB2 is just so right.

I did relieve the Lock bar access and that mod changed my view form probably pass to all time favorite.

TII8b3Tl.jpg

Yeah, that’s my hope, because it is really hard to close. I am approaching 50 years old and have had many frame and liner locks over the years and this one is by far the stickiest. Man, I love the knife...hopefully it goes away. Make this a compression lock and I would buy 10 of them. I understand that GB didn’t intend for this to be a fidgety knife but the action of it is soooo good, it begs to be fidgeted with. Then I go to close it...

Try the two handed method until it breaks in. Should help in the fidget department to making it more enjoyable for you. Hold the knife with your left hand and with your right pointer finger pull the lockbar to release it with the tip of your finger/nail .
Hope that helps :)

Mine has moderate lock stick that's definitely eased over the last day and a weak detent that allowed the blade to be gravity flipped. I spent 15 minutes and pulled the GB2 apart to slightly enlarge the hole to allow the ball to sit a tad lower....perfect action now with great blade retention while closed. :)

Try the two handed method until it breaks in. Should help in the fidget department to making it more enjoyable for you. Hold the knife with your left hand and with your right pointer finger pull the lockbar to release it with the tip of your finger/nail .
Hope that helps :)

I sucked it up and opened and closed it few hundred times over the last couple days. The lock stick has subsided mostly but my thumb is not happy about it.

The GB2 has always appealed to me aesthetically. I've been wanting to get an M4 Spyderco so a combination of DLT Points and the email saying they were back in stock lead to a purchase.

Also, within 30 minutes I got a shipping notification. Some of the fastest shipping in the game!

The GB2 has always appealed to me aesthetically. I've been wanting to get an M4 Spyderco so a combination of DLT Points and the email saying they were back in stock lead to a purchase.

Also, within 30 minutes I got a shipping notification. Some of the fastest shipping in the game!
DLT rocks the house in all areas !
The GB2 does also in my book and I love everything about it right out of the box.
What a great knife :thumbsup:

It’s a favorite of mine too. It’s got a relatively neutral handle, and the Spydie-hump is not that pronounced.

I have had the pleasure of really putting this knife through it’s paces, and have been pleased with the results.

The CPM-M4 performs great and is nice and thinly ground. I’ve chipped it in a few places, but they sharpened right out. I was actually very impressed on how little damage it received considering I was stabbing into one ton totes of rock lime, then drag cutting the totes open from the bottom while suspended.

This is incredibly brutal on edges, but the GB2 shrugged it off, had two tiny, tiny chips, and was still sharp afterwards.

Impressive.

Back