Not enough love for the Gayle Bradley 2

^^^Agree. I relieved mine a bit, too, and much prefer it!

Yeah, I took mine much further. I was a little worried about how it would look. But decided to open up the entire Spydie Hole so it's easier to both open and close. Early arthritis sort of helped make my decision.

I purchased the GB1 as my second Spyderco a few years ago when Knifeworks still had some in stock. I've been wanting /waiting for a resupply of the GB2 for months now, Hopefully we'll see some soon!

fwiw, I don't mind how the liners are proud of the scales on the gb2 - it's only a bit, and the edges are not sharp anyway...
I doubt I'll mod that

but I do intend on sanding the lock release area since it's a bit sharp

This is my 4th G.B.2. I've had them come in and out of my possession, and this last one I decided would be a permanent keeper.

Today I modded the scale for a little better lock bar access. Less than 10 minutes, start to finish.

To me this simple mod makes the knife simply perfect!

Following this, the knife got a full sharpening on the W.E. up through 1200 ceramic stones, and she is simply singing sharp!

This knife shares space with a Shiro in the top drawer of my knife chest as my two favorite folders (of all time).

View attachment 1083592 View attachment 1083593
How or what materials are you using to grind and create that increased access?

My sander, and a small dremel tool chucked up in my drill
BqnMZ21l.jpg

IZFb9AUl.jpg

I purchased the GB1 as my second Spyderco a few years ago when Knifeworks still had some in stock. I've been wanting /waiting for a resupply of the GB2 for months now, Hopefully we'll see some soon!

Same here! Come on Spyderco, bring back the GB2!................please.

Still one of the best! Though a far cry from the $120 I paid when they dropped (before MAP). Back then it was one of the greatest values out there.

Agreed, but even at 170 it’s still a great folder. Hopefully they’ve fixed the recurve in the blade problem. It took three tries before I got one with a straight edge.

Decided to pick one up and it’s on the way:thumbsup:
DLT’s restock only lasted a few hours. I hesitated for a hour or two and decided to pull the trigger. So glad I did because I when Looked a hour or so later they were sold out .

Your gonna love it.

Back when they were 120 or so it was too good to be true.

They are still worth the higher prices today. Gayle knows how to design a high performance folding knife.

Your gonna love it.

Back when they were 120 or so it was too good to be true.

They are still worth the higher prices today. Gayle knows how to design a high performance folding knife.
Thanks Brother ! I’m looking forward to this classic in round 2 :D

Got mine today. Fit and finish are excellent like most Taichung knives and the action is amazingly good. Shaving sharp out of the box and blade is perfect.

Lock up is good but mine has a good amount of lock stick, hoping that it will smooth out with use. The gunmetal pocket clip is a fingerprint magnet and I can see why several people have relieved the lock release access.

96y47Np.jpg

Mines been riding with me all day first time out and like the above post the fit and finish is beautiful along with the grind. Very little to no lock stick. I actually like the recessed lockbar release since it won’t accidentally disengage even with a king fu gorilla grip lol. I just push down with my thumb when releasing and it’s no issue and not uncomfortable at all for me. But I know and can understand how it might be for others. Really very happy this one and enjoying it very much. It’s almost like a tactical gentleman’s folder :D :thumbsup:

Back