Nyala from Chris Reeve Discontinued?

Just got the black on black insingo, already had a drop point so this worked out well!

Anyone see how many of these were made?

I’m hoping they discontinued the Nyala to come out with a larger version, in the 9.5” range or so. The Nyala feels a little redundant to carry if you have a large sebenza in your pocket due to the size similarities.

Last edited:
Anyone see how many of these were made?

I’m hoping they discontinued the Nyala to come out with a larger version, in the 9.5” range or so. The Nyala feels a little redundant to carry if you have a large sebenza in your pocket due to the size similarities.

Only said limited quantities.

Annnnnd it looks like that’s it for these.

I got the black insingo, anyone know when these will ship? Do they have to make them or were they already on the shelf?

Checking the big auction site, it looks like some people got them just to flip. I wish CRK could make enough to go around, or maybe offer a bit of advance notice on the forum (if they did that--I missed it).

Received my shipping notice also. The Nyala was a Christmas gift to myself :)

Delivery was fast. The color is pretty much the same as the one-piece that I have - looks more grey than black. (Shown with a 'normal' PVD Nyala for comparison.)
PXL_20201202_200754286_R.jpg

I'm still waiting for mine, lucky you, pics are deceiving at times with my old eye but yes it does look more gray, I wonder if black on black will look different

My black/black Insingo arrived this afternoon. Very nice! Compared to my large Sebenza Insingo the blade is more beefy and slightly longer. Not sure how I'm going to use it just yet since my main fixed blade for outdoor and yard work is a Becker BK9 which I beat on quite a bit.

Mine is riding the USPS slow train with no recent update. I can’t believe the flippers have them and I don’t. Also viewed a few with blade scuff marks, hope mine is pristine.

Mine arrive on Fri as expected. As mentioned, the coating is a little more on the gray side but still contrasts nicely with the natural handles. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
A56DA822-55A6-49E3-B817-7E7605FF78AA.jpeg

It’s amazing how many are being flipped, and for what price.
I hope that those who bought them thinking they’d be able to quickly flip ‘em for $500 cut themselves:mad:

Mine is riding the USPS slow train with no recent update. I can’t believe the flippers have them and I don’t. Also viewed a few with blade scuff marks, hope mine is pristine.

Same for me, no updates since Friday (when it was expected to be delivered). I know ppl were confirming on the CRK fanpage on facebook that the scuff marks wipe off and are caused by the sheath.

Mine arrive on Fri as expected. As mentioned, the coating is a little more on the gray side but still contrasts nicely with the natural handles. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
View attachment 1468159

I hope that those who bought them thinking they’d be able to quickly flip ‘em for $500 cut themselves:mad:

bought the same combo, really looking forward to getting it, more than likely turn it into a user. Thinking about getting another one for a collector.

right now its lost in the abyss that is USPS hopefully it shows up

Back