Nyala from Chris Reeve Discontinued?

I think they said 300 in the FB notice. If they did even quantities that would mean 75 of each type. So not very many.

Hey thanks for that. You’re right, that’s not very many. I got the natural insingo just to set aside and pair with my natural drop point. But I may carry and use it, ya never know with me lol.

The Nyala is easily one of the finest fixed blades from CRK as well as many other makers ever made. I have used mine for 10 years for hunting and they just plain excel, both the drop point and insingo. They are essentially a fixed blade sebenza. I didn’t get in on the final coated run as I bought too many 21’s lately, but have several stonewashed that will last me many lifetimes. Sad to see this little guy go.

Somewhat of a side discussion but is anyone using an aftermarket sheath?

I wanted a left handed sheath for mine and called Gfeller to see if they would make one. They do! Not cheap though. I didn't pay much for my Nyala so I splurged and ordered myself one. It's nice, but in reality wearing the righty sheath on my left side was almost as nice.

Reactions: JAB
I wanted a left handed sheath for mine and called Gfeller to see if they would make one. They do! Not cheap though. I didn't pay much for my Nyala so I splurged and ordered myself one. It's nice, but in reality wearing the righty sheath on my left side was almost as nice.

how much did they quote you?

how much did they quote you?

$175 for natural and I believe black was $10 more. It took 2-3 weeks from order to delivery. One thing I forgot to request was an older style logo CRK logo for the front. The last run or two of Nyalas have the new style CRK logo and since my Nyala is from 2009 I would have preferred one that was period correct. Not a big deal though--I'm probably the only one who would ever notice.

$175 for natural and I believe black was $10 more. It took 2-3 weeks from order to delivery. One thing I forgot to request was an older style logo CRK logo for the front. The last run or two of Nyalas have the new style CRK logo and since my Nyala is from 2009 I would have preferred one that was period correct. Not a big deal though--I'm probably the only one who would ever notice.

great, picked up a final edition, sold my one and only Nyala a while back, wanted a replacement. Want to get another sheath for it in black.

I need to get a kydex for my new drop point.
cFJCCWo.jpg

These limited editions are looking great
12 days later mine is finally at my local post office
Patiently waiting, maybe tomorrow I’ll get it otherwise next week looks good

long awaited mail call today :thumbsup:
my Nyala drop point black canvas micarta with kg gun kote arrived and I sure do like it.
The blade finish is a nice low tone black that goes great with the black micarta.
This is my first Nyala and it's well balanced in my hand :thumbsup: it was worth the wait

crkf.jpg

Interesting that they don’t seem to be selling that well on the ‘bay. I was watching one and saw where they dropped it to $355 + $14 shipping.

I saw that one too. Still gonna cost around $400 as they charge tax in my state plus the high shipping on that item.

I'm in the same left handed with a right sheath situation. I also called and ask about a lefty model. I carried it righty for a few weeks and decided I like it a lot. It rides at my 7-8 o'clock position and the reverse draw is nice. It's been a year and I think it's good. My muscle memory is done growing, no need to retrain.

I caught wind of the "original" end just in time, before this last mini batch came out. I snatched the last one from two different places. My wife, my daughter and I all have one nice camp knife. All three are black micarta insingo blades. I do want a drop point, but I have enough.
LQC4svel.jpg

Last edited:
I have one insingo in the original version. Should have grabbed another.

Back