OBM, diktator, Oregon blade maker, origin blade maker... etc...

To Date;
Welding, milling, drilling, tapping, grinding, tons of emails, more than a few trips to the hardware store for the correct sized bolts and nylon washers to shim things to the correct plane. If I was a drinkin' man, it would have been about 3 bottles of vodka, too, but that's neither here nor there.

I'm not going to count the powder coating, because it's not strictly needed, or the fabrication of a table, because I could have bought one from them, but they're not getting any more of my money. I will note that I'm not sure of the point in this machine tilting, because there are essentially no accessories available to use it that way. I'll still have to fabricate my own. I wonder now if other tilting machines are the same way?

Oh, and I was informed yesterday by a very experienced knife maker that small wheels work way better if they're rubber coated. Almost all of them aren't that I've seen. Beaumont Metal Works sells them, but they're about 70 bucks for ONE. As I haven't actually tried one yet, I'm going to hold off on an opinion of the steel small wheels.

I will say that the machine runs smooth, no vibration, and tracks fine. I swapped belts, and there was only a very small tweak needed to make it track.

I'd also note that I have the 2 HP variable speed motor, and it will not run off the wall outlet in my garage. I have pulled a 12 gage circuit off my panel with a 20A breaker and dropped cords from the ceiling. It seems like it's going to require that to run. But that's fine.

I have slacked off on getting a YT build review done on this. But, stay tuned. When it happens, I'll post the link here.

Back