Official 2018 BF Knife: Poll 5/8: Handle Materials

Choose Handle Material Grouping (comment color/type)

• Group 1: Micarta, G10 | $

Votes: 53 17.7%
  • Group 2: Delrin, Paperstone | $

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Group 3: Diamondwood | $

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Group 4: Carbon Fiber | $$

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Group 5: Buffalo, Elk | $$

Votes: 59 19.7%
  • Group 6: Stag, Ram Horn | $$

Votes: 44 14.7%
  • Group 7: Snakewood, KOA | $$

Votes: 26 8.7%
  • Group 8: Burl, Ironwood | $$

Votes: 89 29.8%
  • Group 9: Shell, Mother of Pearl | $$$

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Group 10: Jigged Bone | $$

Votes: 11 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This seems like a game changer, but I am sure that Stephen and Buck will have to inspect the wood to make sure it will work. Is it possible for you to post a representative photograph Dopic1 Dopic1 ?

I can understand why some would prefer something that has not been used before. However, this offer is very generous, and I know that many members would appreciate saving money while still getting a premium cover.

If not Bocote, I vote for Ram's Horn!

Last edited:
Man, while we’re at it why don’t we add a federal shield and make it a shadow pattern?:D

Seriously though, that is a very generous offer. I’ll be curious to see how it goes over since we just used bocote on a nearly identical forum knife 3 years ago.
Just to clarify I’m neither for or against it.

It is a lavish offer and Bocote is a decent choice but Erik does have a point about the recent Forum Knife that was in Bocote and had the same blades, stainless too.

Could he swap it for Osage Orange?:D:D:cool:;)

I would change my vote in favor of the generous offer of the Bocote by Dopic1. I too think it would be extra special to have the forum knife covered by the donated wood.

Thanks again to Buck, Stephan/SKBlades and Dopic1. Preston

What was it General Patton said about pearl handles? Mind you he preferred ivory.
Well done sailing master Blades.
I fear there are mutinous rumblings from the crew.
Beat the men amidships and we'll harry them around the horn.
The ships timbers are sound and tight.
Hurrah for the jolly old Duke of Buckingham!

This seems like a game changer, but I am sure that Stephen and Buck will have to inspect the wood to make sure it will work. Is it possible for you to post a representative photograph Dopic1 Dopic1 ?

It might be a good idea to pause the poll and re-start it after we have a better handle on this. That would also give Stephen a chance to rearrange the categories.

I can understand why some would prefer something that has not been used before. However, this offer is very generous, and I know that many members would appreciate saving money while still getting a premium cover.

If not Bocote, I vote for Ram's Horn!
I would post a picture but we lost power due some severe storms going through our area. I'll see if I can get some on here tomorrow.

I was between stag and elk; after looking at a lot of pictures online... I don't think the stag will have the "wow" factor on a smaller folder frame like it does on a larger lock back or fixed blade. I think the elk handles would look pretty amazing on the 301 :D:thumbsup: One vote Elk.

Plans B & C would be Rams horn and then the burl (ironwood or buckeye) and I'm curious about the red jigged bone, that would be very slick for an opposite end 2-blade.

Too many great choices ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Between the 3 that will probably win love them all Burl/ironwood Elk and stag/ram horn. Will take whichever don’t care ram horn would be the coolest material though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back