Official BK18 Harpoon Thread

I'm burnt out on black, I incline toward the Dark Peanut Butter just now. Love that there is a choice. Curious if Ka Bar will release any of the others in DPB. They still haven't to my knowledge released the Flat Dark Earth/ Coyote Brown plastic handle scales, so just because they can doesn't mean they will. I like that about them.

The exclusive deal with the black makes the black more elusive. Exclusive offers dont usually last as long in production as the normal offering(i have nothing to back that up but assumption). For that reason, some people gravitate more towards the black.

Black also has a tendency to not be so noticeable so thats a bonus. Though the dark peanut butter would blend right in given the right attire or environment.

I thought folks might be interested in seeing the Jim Bensinger knife that inspired this one...

j5bRz2Hl.jpg

It's really a great blade- way more versatile than I had imagined.

Pretty sure that one was 5160, distal taper to a fine tip, tapered tang, and convexed both directions. Jim had sent 3 to a gathering and E claimed that one pretty quick.

I’ve been searching for a tan bk18, but they don’t seem to be in stock anywhere. What’s up with that?

only back in stock at Tomar's recently, I'd reckon - mine showed up yesterday, tho I'd ordered it in....July 5th. I had to check, obv, which is interesting cuz just before the package arrived, I was wondering how long it had been and thinking about checking the status...and when USPS dropped off the box, I didn't have a clue for a full half minute who T.K.K. might be, and what was on my porch without a big a) label on it...
...that said, I've been waiting a long time for something a little more pointy from Uncle E & the folks at Ka-Bar; this one's good to go. Plan on putting some liners under the scales, maybe swap over micarta from something else....as is this package makes me smile. Thanks, Ethan.

only back in stock at Tomar's recently, I'd reckon - mine showed up yesterday, tho I'd ordered it in....July 5th. I had to check, obv, which is interesting cuz just before the package arrived, I was wondering how long it had been and thinking about checking the status...and when USPS dropped off the box, I didn't have a clue for a full half minute who T.K.K. might be, and what was on my porch without a big a) label on it...
...that said, I've been waiting a long time for something a little more pointy from Uncle E & the folks at Ka-Bar; this one's good to go. Plan on putting some liners under the scales, maybe swap over micarta from something else....as is this package makes me smile. Thanks, Ethan.
Thank you, sir, for the update. Glad that package arrived for you and glad you’re enjoying it :thumbsup:

Back