Official Buck Picture Thread

1966 Buck #301 Stockman, the first year of 300 Series production, a Schrade build. These were offered with lined bolsters that single year only. They are rare as hound's teeth in decent condition, and this one shows little if any usage. The blades are even tight between the bolsters, a rarity among SC-made slip joints due to the Swindon Key blade attachment system they used. Warranty returns due to wiggly blades was a major reason Buck shifted production of these to Camillus in early 1971.

I just got this friday. I really like it.

314322ef-0d5a-463f-9689-592d472f9bcb_zps9unvgmgj_1.jpg

This sure is a looker! I presume it's a mirror polished 120 and the handle looks kind of like a Persian fighter. Not sure what the material on the handle is but I like it. Could you post or PM me the details please? A very interesting blade.

Another splash.

Meanwhile, a pair of 501s.
♦ The one on the top is in 440C, late 70's, I believe. I adopted it, having found it orphaned on a hiking trail a few years ago. It still gets pocket time.
♦ The one on the bottom is from the Buck Custom shop, and is in S30V. I need more Buck S30V. The Bos heat treat on that steel is superlative.

IMG_5714_zps81076c56.jpg

Back