Official SURVIVE! picture thread

Fun fact: The 3.5 fits perfectly in the inner side pocket of a Medium Round Satchel from Saddleback... :D

saddleback35.jpg

My two buddies! I got the 3.5 in 20CV directly from Guy, and the 5.1 in 3V second hand for a very fair price.

So now I "just" need a 4.1... and some green handles... :)

gso5135.jpg

Very nice! I'm really looking forward to grabbing a 3.5. Can't carry anything over 4" blade so it's perfect for me.

Here are my two 5.1s

The DLC looks like it's a 1st run as it is numbered #186

Yeah I must say, for as much as I bitched about my 4.1 taking almost a month to reach me, this 5.1 was shipped out in a very reasonable amount of time.
A week, maybe 10 days total turnaround. Not bad at all!
Faster shipping is a trend I'd like to see continue in 2015 :thumbup:

That is precisely our goal! Now that Guy is caught up on sharpening we shouldn't have any issues with shipping orders out in a timely manner. We are planning to get to a point where we are sharpening blades while we are waiting for handles and sheaths, so we will actually be ahead!

Whoa whoa whoa. What am I looking at here sir?
What is that beast up top??
What is up with the handle on that GSO-10?? I'd have to hold it to know for sure, but that GSO-10 looks like the handle is more like what I'd want. Was that a first production run? Prototype??

I'm curious now... :p

FTR-14c nice looking family you got there! Diggin' those mods. :thumbup::thumbup:

Whoa whoa whoa. What am I looking at here sir?
What is that beast up top??
What is up with the handle on that GSO-10?? I'd have to hold it to know for sure, but that GSO-10 looks like the handle is more like what I'd want. Was that a first production run? Prototype??

I'm curious now... :p

I might be wrong, bu the "beast" looks to be indeed a "Fell Beast Machete" by our own Hunter Martin http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...-Subforum!-Lots-of-exciting-stuff-coming-soon!

The GSO-10 handle was modded by FTR-14c just like the GSO-4.1 pictured and he is known for adding his own scale-liners besides :cool:

Purchased July 4th 2013.
M390, O.D. green micarta, spare set of orange G10.
Just purchased a 3.5

SurviveGSO41ODgreenorangescales_zpsdc789bb2.jpg

DSCN2258_zps1220c172.jpg

DSCN2261_zps33c6bdf6.jpg

DSCN1369_zps1c3d61fc.jpg

DSCN1373_zpseb8cca08.jpg

DSCN1375_zps78dfce3f.jpg

Cut toe with a GSO July 2013
Don't ask :eek: all healed by now, could have been worse, definitely one sharp knife.

DSCN1393_zps703baa23.jpg

DSCN1392_zpsbf56c663.jpg

Last edited:
Put a quick and dirty edge on my SK-4 this morning and wanted to test it out:

20150312%20IMG_1473.JPG

I might be wrong, bu the "beast" looks to be indeed a "Fell Beast Machete" by our own Hunter Martin http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...-Subforum!-Lots-of-exciting-stuff-coming-soon!

The GSO-10 handle was modded by FTR-14c just like the GSO-4.1 pictured and he is known for adding his own scale-liners besides :cool:

I knew the Fell Beast would stir things up a bit. It is insane! We will call it a distant cousin to Survive.
I had it shipped with flat slabs of micarta and did all the shaping and palm swell to fit my hand.

Back