Official SURVIVE! picture thread

20150321%20IMG_1647.JPG

20150321%20IMG_1650.JPG

20150321%20IMG_1654.JPG

20150321%20IMG_1674.JPG

20150321%20IMG_1678.JPG

Brian, it looks like you have a really nice evening ahead of you.

The stripped SK seems to be doing just fine. Have you touched it up or has it really been corrosion free?

EDIT: Cool to see these instagram pics on the S! website feed after seeing them here.

Last edited:
Made a spoon with my 3.5. Even after 4 hours carving the edge was still able to cut hairs off my arm. CPM 20 cV rocks!

834E4330-2797-4226-AEB4-F16D56D4A5D6.jpg

B401D0B1-D033-48B0-97DB-A5BB6405463D.jpg

321B19DB-18CC-4167-9B26-323C30E9F37E.jpg

Lost my pink 3.5 over the weekend; found it yesterday afternoon. Today it's with me for a cup of coffee. :)

Pink is becoming more blue/pink thanks to these darned over dyed bluejeans. I hope it washes off.

20150324%20IMG_1727.JPG

B

Glad you found your knife Brian! The blue color is awesome, reminds me of how those white selle san marco regal saddles would turn.

Took the 5.1 on a quick trout fishing trip today. It must be my lucky knife, because I always catch at least 2 when it is riding on my belt.

Nice looking trout Riz!

Pulled out some treated cotton ball for a damp morning firestarter test. Dime sized amount burned pretty solid for 5 minutes on the first strike from the 3.5.

PcmdRd2.png

Usually I'm only ever beating up my knives, so here are some photos of the knives being used as intended. We'll try to get more posted up in the future. We just rarely seem to remember to whip out a camera when we're doing stuff.

2013-12-14 10.59.27.jpg 2013-12-14 11.15.34.jpg 2013-11-09 11.35.49.jpg 2014-04-19 20.33.35.jpg 2013-07-18 19.18.03.jpg

Last edited:
Nice looking user pics on here, boys. I love seeing these things in action.

Guy especially, thanks for playing along =)

Nice looking user pics on here, boys. I love seeing these things in action.

Guy especially, thanks for playing along =)

No worries at all. My knives do get used pretty hard when I can manage to escape the shop, which hasn't happened too much recently. With the weather getting warmer and the days getting longer we'll be sure to get some more photos of the knives out and about.

The knife used to take the hog, the one in the photo, was a GSO-4.1 in CPM-20CV. It found its way through a 260 lb live weight hog like the meat was butter. I was very pleased with the performance of the knife. The GSO-10 tagged along to handle some of the larger, deeper cuts more cleanly. Parting the hog out into the primal cuts was done with ease, even handling a hog of this size.

On a side note, that hog in the above photo was just delicious. I kept some of the meat while friends who helped out took a good bit along with them. The porterhouse chops were tender, better than anything you would find in a grocery store. My friend also made some amazing bacon from the pork belly.

Good looking photos Guy! I love me some pork butchery. Have you guys gone the whole spit roasted route too?

Good looking photos Guy! I love me some pork butchery. Have you guys gone the whole spit roasted route too?

They do something like that at my uncle's house every year but I've not had a chance to do anything like that myself yet. It was talked about but then I went and moved across the country. I'll be looking for a hog farm out here in Idaho soon. There are few things more satisfying than butchering your own food and knowing where the animal came from. Buying meat today in a supermarket is such a sterile experience. The cuts are just another product when they reach the shelves.

They do something like that at my uncle's house every year but I've not had a chance to do anything like that myself yet. It was talked about but then I went and moved across the country. I'll be looking for a hog farm out here in Idaho soon. There are few things more satisfying than butchering your own food and knowing where the animal came from. Buying meat today in a supermarket is such a sterile experience. The cuts are just another product when they reach the shelves.

Couldn't agree more. Nose to tail bucthery is something everyone should learn. Turning people away from industrialized meat and supporting farmers who are doing it right is the only way. One of the best ones I'm familiar with in ID, is Skylike Farms. Also here's a great resource as well! https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?ll=46.301406,-115.400391&msa=0&spn=5.996407,14.27124&mid=z0bojPPeR4Pg.kKEKU-xcoIyI

Me and my buddies finally put together a whole hog roast last summer and I was upset we didn't do it sooner. Used a La Caja box to slow roast the split hog, came out delicious. Fired up the smoker too and smoked some
Ribs and brisket. Just sat around drinking beers and eating for 10 hours straight. Epic day. Pics...

Nice looking hog poromenos! :thumbup:

Continuing with the cochon theme, I could have really used a S!K with this one.

3HL5c9K.png

WbbPv2a.png

Back