1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Official SURVIVE! picture thread

Discussion in 'Survive! Knives' started by Silver Needle, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Benson X

Benson X Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2016
    My first Survive! knife showed-up today and I couldn't be happier. Loving this blade so far! :)

Thanks again @Bobby3326!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
    chiral.grolim and musicisevil like this.
  2. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    Very cool! That 10 looks great. Be sure to follow up when you get out to use it.

3. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    Fresh morels, nice! The knife's not too bad either :) Congrats!

4. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    2 non-jimped 4.1s? If you ever want to trade for a jumped version, let me know ;)

Very nice collection!

musicisevil likes this.
  5. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    AMAZING!!!! I'm really glad you stopped by to share the story and pics. You and your scandi really are a piece of S!K history. A scandi ground GSO has been an ongoing topic of interest, but something that never hit full production. What you have is a truly unique blade. Great pics.

Hope you stick around to experience the new generation models!

musicisevil likes this.
  6. trevitrace

trevitrace Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 21, 2013
    [​IMG]

Out checking for morels today. Collected a bit of fatwood while I was failing at that. :D

supertac916 and Standard78 like this.
  7. Methuselah

Methuselah Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2015
    I'm trying new ways to post pics so here is some 4.7 action...
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]:D

8. elof_alv

elof_alv Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2009
    A sheath I made for my 3.5, usually wear it at 12'o'clock, disappears under a shirt or t-shirt, and it's actually quite comfortable.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    From offcuts and recycled leather from other projects

9. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    I couldn't do that good with premium parts to work with, lol. A very practical sheath there elof!

10. Fancier

Fancier

Jul 1, 2012
    Must be Spring in Wisconsin because the creeping charlie is back!
    Nice picture Silver, I always thought that stuff was kind of pretty when it blooms.

11. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    Ha! You or someone else called me out on this probably a year ago. I saw this patch when I was doing some yard work and had to snap a pic. Spring is here!

12. squarebox86

squarebox86

Feb 6, 2014
    [​IMG]
    Finally got some Orange G10 scales!

Standard78 and musicisevil like this.
  13. Psybull

Psybull

Dec 31, 2015
    4.7s top two are 3v [ 2cd one an UB ]. pre production cfv that has the cfv marking as well and a cpm 154 on the bottom.[​IMG]

14. Skycool

Skycool

Oct 26, 2016
    I'll add some 4.7 love[​IMG]

15. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    Skycool, I can't make out the markings by viewing on my phone... which steels are those? Awesome collection, regardless :thumbsup:

16. trevitrace

trevitrace Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Are the three all black micarta?

17. Skycool

Skycool

Oct 26, 2016
    Thanks man! Still working my iPhone picture taking skills. The steels from left are
    Cru forge V , 3V, 20CV, CPM154.

18. Skycool

Skycool

Oct 26, 2016
    The two on the right are green micarta but look quite different from one another. I've gotta figure out my lighting to show better coloration.

19. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    Yes! The quadfecta! Enviable for sure. Not many people have such a collection. Enjoy 'em!

I don't blame your photography skills at all. Between the file sharing and resizing and my own phone, I wouldn't expect to see such detail in a pic that is zoomed out enough to capture all 4 blades.